Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Stupid question I guess...

Hey good folks, We just got our first diesel pusher and I have a stupid question. When the DP is parked in my driveway and not hooked up to shore power does the generator when going charge up all the batteries?~Thanks, John

stepdad by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Frustration with owning an RV!

I bought a 96 Toyota RV because I was worry about losing my job and having no place to go ever since my mom passed away a year ago. I just graduated from college a few years ago and having only 3 days to learn that my mom was going to die didn't giv...

Setting up RV to use water pump instead of Park Supply

My water pressure at my winter park is low 40 PSI and does not supply enough supply to my kitchen sink or bathroom sinks.I have talked to others about their water flow and many don't use the parks supply. Their RV's always use the water pump for pres...

JCat by Explorer III
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Dealership option - Environmental Package

My dealership has offered an add-on to the sale called Environmental Package. From what I understand, it's an additional exterior and interior cosmetic protection. There is a 5 year window to have the service performed yet I would have to pay an addi...

Cold Coach While Driving

Hello all. New to DP ownership and have an issue. I've read several posts on cold weather camping, but I have a different issue that I'm not sure about. We recently drove from Nebraska to Florida for a few week stay in our new (used 2006 Mandalay 42f...

louie992 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

2002 - 2006 allegro open road

Can anyone tell me what the compartment in the center of the rear cap above the bumper on the 2002 - 2006 Allegro Open Road class A MH is for? It appears to be for a spare tire which is important to me. I am considering the purchase of oneof these bu...

Mobile Service in Tucson

We will be in Tucson at Lazy Days RV Resort in about a week and want to get a mobile tech to fix a non working heat pump (roof unit) and troubleshoot a noisy Aqua Hot. Looking for any recommendations for reliable mobile service/s in Tucson.

Looking for Nexus Class Viper & Phantom Owners

Are there any owners of Nexus Viper or Phantom coaches that frequent this forum. I own a 2014 Nexus Phantom 28P with which I am not very happy. Would like to hear other owners experiences with these Nexus coaches.Doug

dlbapm by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford V10- anyone have warmed up starting problems?

Our 2005 era Ford V10 has always started right up but on the last trip I noticed after gassing up that it would cough and wheeze and stumble to a start. It starts easier when cold. Took it to our shop and they cleaned the "mass air sensor" then thoug...

Diesel Runaway Engine

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but this is what happens and what a runaway diesel is. I'm sure you'll get the idea. Runaway Engine

heat vents

We are currently looking to buy a Jayco Greyhawk 31DS. We are wondering if anyone in this forum has a 2016 31DS. Do you have any heating issues? We noticed that there is a vent in the bath and one right by the entry door. Talked to the dealer this mo...

Newbie moving off trawler to motorhome.

I'm in need of moral support with our transition from full time liveaboards to full time living in an rv. Anyone been there, done that? We will purchase our class A home this week as we just sold our trawler last night. The lifestyle has so many s...

Sharonrd by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Induction Cooktops

I have read glowing reports regarding installing an induction cook tops as a replacement for the propane units but I have no personal experience with them.Glowing reports aside I would be very interested in hearing about the drawbacks to the replacem...

bluwtr49 by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes