cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Insurance

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
We have not veen overwhelmingly delighted with Victoria Insurance for our 2010 Class A Fleetwood Fiesta 34b, any recommendations? Right now it is in storage for some refitting ouside Charleston, SC, we are hoping to sell it, may use it for short trips but really just want reasonable coverage for a mostly inactive RV; Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
For us it's Foremost Insurance Co. been insured by them for 21 years and have enjoyed prompt courteous no-hassle claim service along with a minimal premium increase over the years. Based on our experience, highly recommend Progressive.

Regards to all & safe travels.........:)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Things that can effect insurance. What your insuring (value), past claims, driving records, state (city) of domicile. No two people or circumstances are alike. Shop, shop, shop.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
nma33 wrote:
I bought through Progressive, They gave me the best deal with zero deductible for Glass. I priced out 4 companies including Geico, whom I have my auto policies through, they didn't even come close on the Motorhome policy.

I had the opposite experience. Once progressive saw it was my first RV they upped the price much more than Geico.
Lesson- be sure to check out several companies. When I was looking, all of the companies seamed to be all over the map. Not trying to say any company is always better than the other, but some have a different focus on their criteria (first time, full time, state you are in, etc)

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
National General thru Good Sam, best rates and coverage I could find. But....I fulltime. 25 year insurance agent from AZ.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive, National Interstate, Miller - they all are easy to deal with for RV insurance. We always get new quotes about every 2-3 years and have no issues with changing companies. They all bid on the same coverage and we just go with the lowest in cost.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

getcarter
Explorer
Explorer
check out good sam when in storage they well only charge a small fee.
getcarter
wonderful wife
Sammy the dog
2005 CC 40ft DP toad 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe

RLHAMILTON
Explorer
Explorer
I agree about Victoria. We had for 2 years, then the company they were using decided not to write any more policies in Georgia. Victoria never called, sent a letter, etc. I ran one down at the Perry FMCA rally. They were very disinterested and had us work directly with the vendor company. Decided to bundle everything with Farmers. Got a good deal. Good luck!
DICK & JUDY HAMILTON
2012 WINNEBAGO JOURNEY
2017 EQUINOX TOAD
LIFETIME GOOD SAM MEMBER, FMCA, PP AMERICA
FMCA MEMBER F-386544

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Hartford by AARP. JMO
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

nma33
Explorer
Explorer
I bought through Progressive, They gave me the best deal with zero deductible for Glass. I priced out 4 companies including Geico, whom I have my auto policies through, they didn't even come close on the Motorhome policy.