cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood Fiesta Electrical Problems

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
In our 2010 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B our house batteries are not being charged by the shore power and electrical power slowly fades until we turn on the engine, then the fans/AC work, lights brightened etc. I am told our converter is to blame, looked at the schematics that said the converter should be somewhere between the sink and stove but it isn't. The inverter is. What is the difference between a converter and an inverter?

I don't really understand electricity..why doesn't the shore power maintain all our interior utilities like TV, AC, lights, electrical outlets..aren't they all 120? At present we have a charger on 24/7 to the house batteries but it doesn't really do the job.
32 REPLIES 32

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
we don't have an inverter or a converter at least I can't find them

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look at your 120 volt AC panel. See if there is a small metal plate to the right of the circuit breakers. Behind the small plate could be the fuses for the 12 volt DC system. The converter could be in back of the power center.
Look for the make and model of the power center.
Did you find make and model of the inverter?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
No. That switches between the generator and shore power.

Your converter should be near the batteries. Can you see which direction the wires on the batteries go?
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing I found was a "Surge Guard" RV power protection Atomatic Transfer Switch model 40250 120/240v 50A 60HZ is this a converter or a inverter?

wilanddij
Explorer
Explorer
In case you don't have it, you can find and download an Owner's Manual from here iRV2 Fleetwood.

In my case with a Southwind, the manual tells me that all batteries are charged when on shore, generator, or engine power. An auto transfer switch does the switching.among the sources.

That said, you may have a WFCO converter, and if you do, get rid of it. A three year old WFCO is ready for the trash. Put in a reliable converter like the Intellipower 9200 Series. I foolishly went through two WFCO's before the lightbulb came on for me.

You probably don't have an inverter in your MH. Easy way to check is to try and run the microwave when your only power source is the MH engine.
Will & Di
2004 Southwind 32VS
Workhorse/8.1
Ford C-Max/Blue Ox
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" Pogo

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks for all your input...we've had the local RV repair man out for 6 months and he still isn't sure

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Problem with converter. Either a tripped breaker on the converter or bad converter.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
To expand my previous post, some 120 volt devices and outlets ARE powered by the inverter AND-OR the pedestal.

In our RV about half the outlets and the TV are powered by the inverter IF you switch it on.

I would suggest that you find a knowledgable Rv person to show you stuff.

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood #1-800-322-8216. Google 12Volt side of life. READ LEARN
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your lights are powered by 12VDC. When not plugged into AC the batteries carry the load. Sounds like a breaker on your converter is tripped or your converter is bad.

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
balfre1946 wrote:
Where the h*ll is the converter on the Fleetwood Fiesta 34B 2010..sure isn't where hte schematics said it should be.

Call Fleetwood they are very good about that stuff. Are you sure you even have an inverter? Most gas Fleetwood Motorhomes don't come with inverters, unless one was added later.

I just have a converter on my Fiesta. I am however planning on adding an inverter.
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
Where the h*ll is the converter on the Fleetwood Fiesta 34B 2010..sure isn't where hte schematics said it should be.

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
WFco junk??

cooper841
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem with my fiesta. Had to replace my converter. Mines was located in the bathroom behind the vent.Wfco junk.
Dana Cooper
Chipper(Lab)
2007 Fleetwood Fiesta LX
2003 Harley Fatboy mighty hauler lift
2010 Kia Soul

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Your rig could be equipped with an inverter/charger and no converter.
Look at the inverter and post make and model.
You may need 12 volts DC control to operate the AC unit.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker