cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford recall brakes

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford issues a recall on the following 2014 F53 motor home stripped chassis and F59 commercial stripped chassis. The company says the brake calipers may have been incorrectly made, which could result in a leak and a loss in braking performance.

Info Only
10 REPLIES 10

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
When I learned to drive as a young pup, I was taught to SET THE EMERGENCY BRAKE . Of course, there were enough lazy drivers to constitute a Ford safety issue. I remember my boss asking me why I hadn't set the brake when I got out of the customer's pick up with boat trailer attached. :S
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
okgc wrote:
Ford for years also fought a recall of their transmission issue. How they got away with only sending out warning stickers still amazes me.

21,000,000 Ford NHTSA ID 81V-008: 1970-80 Ford cars & trucks with automatic transmissions that fail to hold or engage in Park. Rather than repair vehicles, Ford send owners a warning label to be placed on dash. 1-9-81
So you want to go back 32 years?
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
Ford for years also fought a recall of their transmission issue. How they got away with only sending out warning stickers still amazes me.

21,000,000 Ford NHTSA ID 81V-008: 1970-80 Ford cars & trucks with automatic transmissions that fail to hold or engage in Park. Rather than repair vehicles, Ford send owners a warning label to be placed on dash. 1-9-81
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Bird Freak wrote:
You mean they are not going to do like WH and wait 3 or 4 years to do a recall? They are not just going to try to blame the owners for problems? just can't believe they are going to do the right thing.

Yep, hopefully they won't ignore the problem like they did the Pinto gas tanks, the ignition fires that they knew about in the late 80's, that they ignored until the recall in 1996, after Ford argued to limit the recall to ONLY certain vehicles. Ford finally recalled 7,000,000+ vehicles after years of misleading the NHTSA. Oh well, only a few deaths and a few houses burned to the ground and they finally agreed to admit the problem 10 YEARS LATER. NHTSA campaign number: 96V071000 7.9 MILLION vehicles.
2006 NHTSA campaign number: 09V399000 resulted in over 14 MILLION vehicles recalled from cruise control fires and became the LARGEST NHTSA recall in history.
Don't put Ford on a pedestal without acknowledging that they have still had more total number of vehicles recalled, in the past 20 years, than any other manufacturer. IF Ford does the right thing this time, it will be a first.
How did you miss the new recall just announced on the flex and some other Fords? You must be desperate to bash going all the way back to Pintos. GET A LIFE!!!
Eddie
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Owner- The Toy Shop-
We love 56 T-Birds

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bird Freak wrote:
You mean they are not going to do like WH and wait 3 or 4 years to do a recall? They are not just going to try to blame the owners for problems? just can't believe they are going to do the right thing.

Yep, hopefully they won't ignore the problem like they did the Pinto gas tanks, the ignition fires that they knew about in the late 80's, that they ignored until the recall in 1996, after Ford argued to limit the recall to ONLY certain vehicles. Ford finally recalled 7,000,000+ vehicles after years of misleading the NHTSA. Oh well, only a few deaths and a few houses burned to the ground and they finally agreed to admit the problem 10 YEARS LATER. NHTSA campaign number: 96V071000 7.9 MILLION vehicles.
2006 NHTSA campaign number: 09V399000 resulted in over 14 MILLION vehicles recalled from cruise control fires and became the LARGEST NHTSA recall in history.
Don't put Ford on a pedestal without acknowledging that they have still had more total number of vehicles recalled, in the past 20 years, than any other manufacturer. IF Ford does the right thing this time, it will be a first.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eddie
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Owner- The Toy Shop-
We love 56 T-Birds

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
It appears that Ford is on top of their problem, unlike Workhorse when they had a brake issue. Now all Ford needs to do is find enough truck centers to do the job in a reasonable amount of time.
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
Well, here we go, I guess its Fords turn now. Hope there are not Bosch calipers.
Neil

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
Well, here we go, I guess its Fords turn now. Hope there are not Bosch calipers.
Neil

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
Thats going to piss off alot of people seeing how 4/5 dealers wont even service a C class.
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours