cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genset is producing no power

TicToRyde
Explorer
Explorer
While camping, after a very bad storm, I had the Onan Marquis 7000 running with the rear A/C set on 'auto' and went to bed. During the night I heard the A/C compressor kicking on and off as the temperature would change. Around 4 in the morning I got up to use the boys room and noticed no power to the coach and the genset was still running. All the breakers, fuses, gfi's and the ATS switch have been checked out. I have no power at the junction box or at the main breakers. Before I go an spend a lot of time dropping it out of it's compartment and/or buying an expensive voltage regulator, can anyone think of something that I may have missed? Oh, and I have shot the rings with some contact cleaner already even thought they looked fine. The old gal has 403 hours on her.

Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18

TicToRyde
Explorer
Explorer
The generator has two breakers on it, one I believe is 20 amp and one 30 amp. It has a 5 amp slow blow fuse inside on the circuit board, one that pulls out of the front to the circuit board and a fuse that is the plastic horseshoe type on the side. I didn't see any others.

TicToRyde
Explorer
Explorer
The breakers were the first thing that I checked and they had not been tripped. I did reset them, reset the gfi and all of the other breakers in the coach. I also changed every fuse even though none appeared to be blown.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most generators have their very own circuit breaker located right on the generator. It will usually trip before any of the inside breakers.

RCDave
Explorer
Explorer
There should be breakers on the Genset as well. Did you check those?