cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hood Cover for Ford E450

hanknjoyce
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 2019 Phoenix Cruiser on a 2018 Ford E450 chassis. I am looking for a hood cover (not a whole RV cover) for those occasional hailstorms. It has Diamond Shield on part of the hood but the uncoated part of the hood took a couple small dings during a recent moderate hail storm. A full RV cover does not work where we live due to high winds, high UV and high owner's age..:(

I have tried Camping World, local Ford dealer and a couple aftermarket places with no success. Does anyone have a suggestion/source?

Hank
2019 Phoenix Cruiser Model 3100
Class B Plus
16 REPLIES 16

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Not sure Iโ€™ve ever seen a hood cover in particular.
If you think that clear film protects it adequately, just clear bra the whole hood. Itโ€™s pretty easy to do on large relatively flat surfaces.
I donโ€™t believe that will prevent damage from large hail though.
Easiest, cheapest, most secure method I can think of is buy a roll or sheet of magnetic material, if your hood is steel. Cut to size, done.
Anything that moves around will scratch your hood in the wind.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Would rubber floor mats (not sure exactly what type/style) laid across the hood cover it to mitigate the hail stone hits?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)