Explorer
i have light on and a warning beeper that says the jacks are down
when all jacks are up !
can anyone help solve this problem ?
16 REPLIES 16

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Gjac. Sorry I am fairly new to this site and had a hard time finding my post. You wanted to know what system I have. It is a power gear / Milwaukee cylinder 3 Jack system. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Bruce Brown wrote:
Put the jacks in the "store" position and drive. Many times it's just an ever so slight lack of fluid or an air bubble causing it.

Our old HWH jacks would do that from time to time, the store button always solved it - and the fluid level was good.

This type problem as related to HWH is NOT slight lack of fluid or an Air Bubble. HWH systems are self bleeding and the Down switch is magnetic. IF the Down light comes ON and you have the 300/325 series HWH touch pad system the fix is to just hit the Store button even while driving and the offending jack will retract. That jack has extended due to in transit Road/Exhaust area heat. The fluid in the lines expands slightly from this heat and will cause the jack/s to slightly extend a little and this opens the Down switch on the top of the jack. Hitting Store allows that expanded fluid to be pushed back into the reservoir. The Owners manual for this system from HWH states to ALWAYS push STORE after the Chassis engine is started. This puts the system in sleep mode and IF the Transit Heat problem causes a jack to extend, the system will activate the Store mode automatically and the offending jack will then retract and there will be no dash area indication of this.
The OP's problem is low fluid in the reservoir or a defective float switch. His year/model has Powergear HYD jacks. Most common is low fluid level OR the jacks are NOT fully retracted but look like they are. IF his jacks have the Grease Zirc on the bottom collar on each jack he needs to insert grease with a grease gun. This helps the PG jacks retract easier and fully. Doug

Wrong_Lane
Explorer
Explorer
Not always fluid related.

I got that terrible "Jacks Down" warning one time while driving on the highway in pouring rain. I stopped and checked the position of the jacks and they were all properly retracted. I disabled the alarm and returned home.

My investigation found the Trombetta switch for reversing polarity had a cracked housing. Water entered the housing and shorted out the solenoids tricking the system into thinking the jacks were deployed.

I ordered a new switch for under $60.00, installed it myself and things once more work as designed.

Moral of the story, check the fluid first but if that doesn't solve the problem you may have to dig deeper.
2006 Damon Challenger 348F Ford V10
2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Blue Ox Aventa & Brake Buddy

Bruce_Brown
Put the jacks in the "store" position and drive. Many times it's just an ever so slight lack of fluid or an air bubble causing it.

Our old HWH jacks would do that from time to time, the store button always solved it - and the fluid level was good.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
prstlk wrote:
If it's hydraulic it is always fluid level.

Not always... My Bigfoot hydraulic jacks have individual limit switches that open as each jack retracts. I've had intermittent jack down alarms when the rubber plunger tip on a switch deteriorated.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Your pace arrow has a power gear hydraulic system.

The fluid reservoir has a float switch, when all the fluid has returned to the reservoir (all jacks are all the way up) the float floats and the jacks down light goes off.

The level needs to be all the way up, as in running out the fill port.
On our 2000 PA, the pump and reservoir were behind the batteries, pass side compartment in front of the door. Stone beetch to get at.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
If it's hydraulic it is always fluid level. In my case the sensor on the reservoir was bad. Fixed It myself but the part was $150. Until I got it figured out I would visually check the jacks then disconnect the buzzer alarm.
ya got my 2
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
Not all systems are hydraulic, mine are electric,Mine don't have fluid.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
What system do you have in the MH?

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
The fluid level in the reservoir is probably low or else the float switch that turns off the alarms when hydraulic fluid returns is not working. Check level fluid first. That was my problem before.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X3 Add a little ATF to the jack pump/tank.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
JFC wrote:
Many times this is an indicator of low fluid in the system, you might check that level.
X2
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Or something is blocking one or more of them from completely retracting. If they aren't in the "stored" position, the system thinks they're down. Either way, its time to get on your belly.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

JFC
Explorer
Explorer
Many times this is an indicator of low fluid in the system, you might check that level.