cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveling jacks

Larrysr1957
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1998 Fleetwood Bounder 34V. My slideout quit so I had it repaired, now the slideout does not work with the emergency brake on. And the leveling jacks switch doesnโ€™t come on. Could they have wired something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Tired of paying high cost repairs with poor results.
10 REPLIES 10

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Take the wire that was loose off and see if slide works.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Larrysr1957
Explorer
Explorer
The leveling jacks work, but the slide out quit working again so back to the shop for the 3rd time to get the slide out fixed ( had to disconnect the hydraulic slide out ram and push the slide in manually to get home )

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Larrysr1957 wrote:
Thanks for everyoneโ€™s advice. It was a lose connection on the E brake switch

Which was NOT the Shops fault. Doug

Larrysr1957
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for everyoneโ€™s advice. It was a lose connection on the E brake switch

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Take the RV back to the shop; they screwed something up. The slide works opposite of what it should/always did, AND now the jacks no longer work as well.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Larrysr1957 wrote:
The jacks quit working after the shop re-wired the slide out switch. The emergency brake has always had to be set for the slide to work. After the shop re-wired the slide the it will not work with the emergency brake engaged.

Please answer the questions I asked.
1. DOES the Emergency Brake light ON the Dash Cluster come ON when the Brake is activated?
2. Does the slide operate with the Brake OFF? Doug

Larrysr1957
Explorer
Explorer
The jacks quit working after the shop re-wired the slide out switch. The emergency brake has always had to be set for the slide to work. After the shop re-wired the slide the it will not work with the emergency brake engaged.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Differene make and model but .... The parking brake system has a switch. Without knowing more about your rig I can't tell you where

This switch on a car or pick up turns on teh "PARKING BRAKE LIGHT" indicator and may affect the transmission (or not)

On a motor home it also affects the slides and jacks

IF the wire comes off the switch... THEY DO NOT WORK
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1998 Bounder should have a 12 volt motor electric slide. Does the slide out work with the Emergency brake OFF? NO way the Slide system and the Leveling jack wiring or controls would be interconnected or accessed. UNLESS, it is as simple as the Emergency Brake Pin switch wire or Pin switch is off or defective. IF you have a Ford Chassis, it is very common for the Emergency Brake switch to malfunction. Does the Emergency Brake Lite come ON(Dash Cluster) when you engage the Brake pedal? If NOT, then the Emergency Brake switch is what to look at FIRST. It is easy to see where the Pedal linkage pivots under the dash. WHAT did you have done to the slide? You have a 23 year old motorhome and things happen. It is probably a coincidence that the jacks failed. How long was it between the Slide repair and when you first operated the Jacks? IF the touch pad does NOT come on then NOTHING you do (emergency brake and so on) will allow the jacks to operate. The Touch pad will come on regardless of Brakes or anything else. It may be as simple as the Touch Pad wire quick connect is loose or came off the touchpad. OR the fuse for the touch pad is blown. Doug

PS, some model Jack touch pads will not come On FULLY if the Jack system does not see the Emergency Brake light signal

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, they did something.
Make of slide out and jacks?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker