cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking to connect with other Axis/Vegas owners

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
We are loving our 2 week old Axis. Camped in it 2 nights overloaded with all our stuff from 37 foot class A. Now that we have it home we are in the process of paring down!! Am wondering how best to handle bedding for the supersize king! Have considered using one twin and one full fitted mattress pads and sheets and making a large flat cover sheet from 2 full sized ones. Anyone have a better suggestion? Since there are only a few of us with this new coach it would be great to connect and share our experiences!
2014 Thor Axis
39 REPLIES 39

ahamade
Explorer
Explorer
GenoRV wrote:
What did you pay? I've seen everything from $71,900 to $76,000.

Geno

VietVet1 wrote:
Hello All,

Just made a deal on a Thor Vegas, this is the first Class A, prior had a little 15' Coleman (very cramped). This unit is perfect for wife and I and grand kids when their in town. Can anyone tell me if the bunk ladder is standard equipment and what other pieces of equipment came with your unit, the sales guy seem to tell you whatever they think you want to hear.

I paid 68K for mine.

ahamade
Explorer
Explorer
Acei wrote:
I understand that it comes with only one battery, but there is an option to add a second one. Could there be more space for four 6V batteries by any chance?

There is room for 2 12V group 27 batteries and that is what it comes with. There is no room to add more unless you move the batteries to another location.

Acei
Explorer
Explorer
I understand that it comes with only one battery, but there is an option to add a second one. Could there be more space for four 6V batteries by any chance?

GenoRV
Explorer
Explorer
What did you pay? I've seen everything from $71,900 to $76,000.

Geno

VietVet1 wrote:
Hello All,

Just made a deal on a Thor Vegas, this is the first Class A, prior had a little 15' Coleman (very cramped). This unit is perfect for wife and I and grand kids when their in town. Can anyone tell me if the bunk ladder is standard equipment and what other pieces of equipment came with your unit, the sales guy seem to tell you whatever they think you want to hear.

szn8tt
Explorer
Explorer
Happily Retired 2 wrote:
VietVet1,

an adjustable slide brace

What Is This?
Thanks

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Les Balty!

We are still smiling!!! Happy travels!
2014 Thor Axis

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
VietVet1,

Sure! Was in the process of answering your question when you posted again! Hope you love yours as much as we do ours!

The ladder comes with the coach, and we discovered it fits nicely behind the couch. It also comes with 2 tables, 3 metal table supports, an adjustable slide brace, power cable, and air mattresses for the couch and bunk. You should have 2 pillows for the couch and 2 pillow shams for the bedroom. There is no bedspread, even though Thor's brochure says it comes with one. If you are going to make the back beds into a king, we have found that one fitted twin and one fitted full fit perfectly, and then we use a king sheet, blanket, and comforter on top.

Be sure they demonstrate everything at your PDI. This is such a new coach that there aren't too many of us out there with one yet! Feel free to pm me if you would like to share email addresses, so we can compare our experiences with our coaches down the road!!
2014 Thor Axis

VietVet1
Explorer
Explorer
Happily Retired 2,
Are you able to help me with some questions on the Axis/Vegas?

VietVet1
Explorer
Explorer
Happily Retired 2,
Are you able to help me with some questions on the Axis/Vegas?

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, VinCee! Looking forward to many good times in it!!
2014 Thor Axis

VietVet1
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,

VinCee
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure a lot of these questions can be answered on the Thor website for those seriously thinking of an Axis or similar style/size rig. HappilyRetired, nice job with your information and patience in answering posts. Congratulations on the new rig and many many happy, fun and safe miles in it!!

Les_Balty
Explorer
Explorer
We use sleeping bags for all our bedding needs in both our Raptor Travel trailer and Winnebago DP. It's just a LOT easier. The single layer, flannel slumber party type is great for summer and the heavier outdoor type when it's too cold for the light ones. The RUV looks like a neat product. the Floorplan is indeed similar to the Via. I contend that anything on a stripped chassis wherein the entire body is RV-manufactured is a Class A. If it's all automotive manufactured it's a B. If it's part one and part the other, it's a C. Happy travels! Hope our paths cross down the road and you still have that great RV freedom smile.
Les Balty

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
limbery wrote:
Does the regular cab heat/ac have any ducts to the back as well?

No, but the the roof air is ducted .
2014 Thor Axis