cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Michelin LTX M/S Replacement

Larry_Sanders
Explorer
Explorer
It seems I picked a wrong time to replace The Michelin LTX M/S Tires.
Since they are the original 08 Tires that fall before the recall.
So far I have found Dunlap Rover's and BF Goodrich Commercial T/A.
Anyone have experience with either of these Tire Choices, also any other Tires I should be looking at.

Thanks!
Larry & Jamie Sanders
2008 Born Free
27 RSB
20 REPLIES 20

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Do you know the dates when they were manufactured? One place had them here locally, but they were almost 2 years old.

Larry_Sanders
Explorer
Explorer
The Michelin's I ordered from Tire Rack were delivered today.
I will schedule to have them installed this week.
Larry & Jamie Sanders
2008 Born Free
27 RSB

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Never had a problem with Michelins on any of my vehicles. The recalled Michelins on my motor home are four years old and look like they are new with no cracking. Spare is from 2006 and that has no cracks (but it's never been used). I do check air pressure on all my cars weekly. We have Michelins, Goodyears, and Continentals on the three vehicles currently. Only tires I've really had any problems with in the past were Firestones (repeated broken cords).
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

rwagner43
Explorer
Explorer
Five out of the last seven sets of Michelin tires I have purchased for five different vehicles had had premature sidewall cracking. America's Tire and Costco were able to get me generous credits toward new tires for the last two cases. However, I am done with Michelin.

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like Toyo Open Country H/T LT225/75R-16 10 Ply E. Dick

fltioga898
Explorer
Explorer
i had a set of b f goodrich commercials on my tioga class c i sold in 2012. they served me well. a couple of weeks ago i had a set of uniroyal laredos put on a born free 24ft. class c i just bought recently, ive only made an 80 mile trip on them but they rode real nice .

CbtEngr1
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I lucked out and got all 7 tires replaced. Had them for 3 years and 7600 miles, time to restart the clock.
2017 Thor Tuscany XTE 40BX
2012 Itasca Impulse 31CP Silver - Traded 2016
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Ready Brake Elite Tow Bar

RJL-WA
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the original Michelin LT225/75R16 115 R in 2012. They were about 9 years old. I looked at other manufactures but could not find anyone that matched the load index of 2579 lbs for that size. So I stayed with Michelin. Turns out the ones I purchased have been recalled. I have been waiting about a month to get them replaced. I assume some dealers may have hard time getting them.

Larry_Sanders
Explorer
Explorer
Lot's of info!
I appreciate your responses.
Larry & Jamie Sanders
2008 Born Free
27 RSB

Richmcm
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced our Michelin because of terrible sidewall cracking. I would up with Firestone Transforse RT. 2 years old and like them better than Michelin for sure for a third of the price. What is with Michelin side wall cracking? This has been a problem for years.
Rich & Diane
2006 Aspect 26 A
Nitro 640 LX

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Goodyear Adventure, with Kevlar side walls. From the reviews it looks just as good as the LTX M/S2. I believe they make them in E range.
I have decided to go with the Adventure on our Pathfinder.

Goodyear Adventure

dennyida
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at firestone tires. I had a bad experience with Goodyear tires and will never have them again. We put 6 new firestones on our class c and really like them.(trans force RT's)

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Larry If they are seven years old as you say and the sidewalls are cracked I would replace them. I don't go beyond six years with mine. Any brand tire in the sun for that long could be a problem. Even just sitting kills tires over time.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

Larry_Sanders
Explorer
Explorer
The Tires are dated 07 and appear to have side wall cracks.
I was told that if my finger nail can fit into the crack then they need to be replaced. I'll have to go back to my storage facility to see how deep the cracks actually are.
Larry & Jamie Sanders
2008 Born Free
27 RSB