cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Michelin XRV Tires Where are they?

mustard
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to locate 6 255/80R22.5 XRV tires. Michelin dealers say they are on nation wide back order. Michelin themselves say they don't have a production date to create any.

Anyone know where some are hidden??????

Sandy
22 REPLIES 22

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
Mine are at the tire dealer if you want them. Went to Goodyear 661's and couldn't be happier! Tire shop gave me $250.00 each for my cracking XRV's.

rcool
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem. Ended up buying Bridgestone Ecopia 265x75rx22.5.These tires are 2/10s inch larger in diameter and 1/10th inch wider than your tires.Was disappointed when I could'nt find Michelin,but after taking a 7000 mile trip I am happy I could'nt find the Michelins. The Bridgestones are smoother riding and better handling.

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
I am going with XZEs, already changed out the front tires..four to go. XZEs have stiffer sidewalls and rated for a heavier load, that is why you find them on Prevost chassis. Same price as the XRVs thru the FMCA program.

Tntman
Explorer
Explorer
Far as I am concerned, most XRV tires are at the dump. Anyone who thinks 2 ply sidewalls on a heavy DP cannot have my best interests in mind.
One left front blowout and I switched to Toyo and am very happy.
ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654

islandvagabonds
Explorer
Explorer
Save a lot of money and look at Continental HSR-1 tires. I spent a lot of time in a major tire warehouse last time I replaces my tires. the Continentals are virtually identical to the Michelins in construction, rudder consistency and sidewall flex. 30,000 miles later still happy with the Continentals and no problems.

Bob

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
Not directly related but, we discovered last week that the Michelin tires for one of our cars are also on "indefinite hold". Seems the RV products aren't the only ones.

Gary

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Bridgestone

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Sandy, I would give Michelin Tire Company a call! You can get the customer service phone number off there website. Michelin Tire in the past has back ordered from there factory in Canada when there wasn't enough tires in the U.S. Also have Michelin Tire check to see if they have any XRV's in there Western U.S. warehouse in Reno, Nevada. I've used these sources before. Good Luck, Rooster

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well,
First off, we've got 255 80R 22.5 Michelin XRVs on our coach and, they're dated 3410 in all six. There's not ONE CRACK in any of them. We purchased the coach four years ago with 40K on the clock and, we now have 63K on it now. Those tires have been great. I will say this, we've had that coach, under a drive-under cover, ever since we purchased it and, as we know it, so did all the previous owners.

Now, what seems fairly odd to me is, the fact that Michelin, who's been making the XRV tires for quite a while now, and, there's still lots of folks calling for them, has this dilemma of not producing them for the masses. What's up with that?

We're ONLY reading of each other on here, trying to locate and/or had a hard time locating some in the recent past. But, what about the hundreds or, maybe even the thousands out there that, could care less about being on an RV forum, who are also looking for these tires??

I don't need them right now and, won't for a while so, I hope they get this mess straightened out before I get there. If not, I too could be venturing over to other and, possibly cheaper brands.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

GGoodsell
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced my original, 8 year old XRVs last week. I found a tire shop 20 minutes away that had four and he was able to find two more in a warehouse in Kansas City. Several other shops I called also said the tires were back-ordered nationwide but didn't know why. Glad to have new tires, glad to get back to traveling again.

RudysWorld
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting 2 235/80R22.5 put on tomorrow. It took a week to get them. I found 2 tire places that had 1 and evryone had to do a nationwide search to find. Not sure why
Rudy - 8 year old long haired dachshund
2011 Georgetown 350TS

bigbaddad
Explorer
Explorer
It would be interesting to see an explanation officially from Michelin. Michelin is too big, too capable to just up and run out of a good product. This type of thing leads to very damaging PR for Michelin and the conjecture about it could really hurt. Are the chassis builders getting their tires ? They sure won't stop because of this.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 is correct. About ten years ago Michelin XRV's were blowing up left and right. Zipper blow outs. It got so bad that every trip I took I was constantly thinking of those darn tires. Then right at 61 months from the date stamped on the tire I noticed all kinds of side wall cracks. So since I was traveling through Albuquerque I stopped at a Michelin dealer to check the tires. They got out a little gauge and checked them and said they would be just fine, the cracks were not big enough. So I drove to Las Vegas, Nev. and changed them out anyways with Toyo tires. I called Michelin about any warranty and they said it was one month past due. No more warranty.

I am on my second set of Toyo tires and am very happy with them.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

desobelman
Explorer
Explorer
Have had the Michelin XRV's on my last two motorhomes. First set was 5 years old when I sold the RV and were in good shape. My second RV I bought in 2011. It is a 2005 and had original Michelin XRV 235-80R 22.5's and lasted another year before I replaced them due to normal sidewall cracking after they were 9 years old!

Have heard positive reviews on Toyos and Hankooks, but will stick with Michelins.

Sidewall cracking is normal in RV tires as they do sit for long periods of time and are exposed to the sun, especially if you live in sunny territory. (I live in So Cal!)

FMCA has a program with Michelin and national tire retailers where you save hundreds of dollars and have nationwide service, if you need it.

Happy Trails! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Darryl & Carole
2005 Sea Breeze LX 8375 37' w/3 slides
"The Grand Hotel West"
2008 Saturn VUE, Towed
GS-25512187 FMCA-355241 Dolphin-1901