cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorcycle on stock hitch

wsthomas1
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 2020 Thor Chateau 27R and I was wondering if i can put a motorcycle on a hitch mounted motorcycle carrier without modifying the coach. If so, what are my options for motorcycles and hitches. Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
450 pound bike on a 600 pound max hitch isnโ€™t good...safe....enough for me.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
suprz seems to have one solution but it seems that his link won't open for me so here is a clicky that may work better.

He did make one point that is very important, is to have a good anti wobble device you need one that works and will not come loose.

You need a good anti rattle device so you don't get so much play in the receiver,thus magnifying the movement and doing damage to the receiver.

I have tried almost every Anti Rattle device on the market, most have been no good or so complicated and cumbersome that they are useless. Including the Roadmaster type,totally useless.

Until I found the one at Hitch Rider.

Their Hitch Vice is the best and easiest one I have come across and it really works.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.discountramps.com/hitch-mounted-steel-motorcycle-carrier/p/MCC-600/

We have a class 3 hitch on our class C and use a motorcycle carrier with a 600lbs max capacity with my wife's Suzuki Boulevard S40 (maybe 450lbs soaking wet) and have gone around 15,000 miles with it so far. No problems at all. I just check it at every gas stop to make sure the anti-wobble device hasn't loosened up.
Proud father of a US Marine