cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold 6062

reddfox77
Explorer
Explorer
Norcold refrigerator not working need help leaving in 5 days. Went out to turn on the frig today no luck. placed on electric it trows the gfi breaker and goes to LP. Ignition lites the pilot then ignitor stays on the flames goes out..You can hear the ignitor clicking continuously until the flame goes out...What is it thats causing this? This norcold is in a a 1992 unit and looks to be original..
5 REPLIES 5

reddfox77
Explorer
Explorer
lol nothing wrong but dead batteries....thanks guys

reddfox77
Explorer
Explorer
It was working fine 2 weeks ago..The burner lites the gas burns fine how ever the ingnitor does shut off..

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like you have 2 problems both are an easy fix. A blocked burner or rusted out burner on the gas side. Start by cleaning the burner and see if any of the slots are rusted out if so it will need to be replaced. The GFI tripping as others have said requires a new heating element which is probably rusted in place and will require long needle nose pliers to wiggle it back and forth to remove it. Good luck.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Repair/troubleshooting guide

AC heater element #621702
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Mark2005
Explorer
Explorer
i had the same issue with the electrical side only...replaced the heating element(s) and eliminated the problem ...I, however, did not have any issue with the gas side of the refer working OK.

Mark