cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on Leprechaun by Coachmen 210RS please/thank you?

coachellacanuck
Explorer
Explorer
We are semi-retired snowbirds ready to go full time, in a Class C, traveling between Palm Springs in winter and Alberta in summer, with exploring in between. We came across the Leprechaun mentioned in the subject line for $80K; it's a 2018 with only 15,000 km on it. It seems to be in near-new condition, as the low mileage would also suggest.

The appeal of this unit is that it has a smallish table with seating across from the main dining table/benches from which one can work on a laptop. We both work online, as writers and ecommerce sellers.

We have a 31' TT parked in Alberta in/from which we live/work in the summer months. We are now ready to let go of the PS condo and go fulltime RV.

But, we know nothing about Class Cs, and our research so far has found very few that accommodate a bona fide workspace.

So, my questions...
1. Would you consider this Leprechaun at this price is a good deal?

2. Are you aware of any Class C that comes equipped with onboard work space?

3. Is there a separate forum here for those who work online on the road?

Thanks for any help you can lend.
8 REPLIES 8

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
coachellacanuck wrote:
tatest wrote:
Floor plan of my 29B has a desk/vanity in the bedroom of suitable size for a laptop computer or all-in-one up to maybe 24 inch screen size. If I wanted more space (and did not anticipate guests needing the sleeping space) I have an 8-foot slideout in the living area that now contains a sleeper sofa but would readily handle a work table up to 30 by 80 inches. But my C is about 8 feet longer than what you are looking at.

What year is your unit, please? I am trying to look up a floor plan online.

Mine is 2004 model year. Winnebago made the 29B floorplan from around 2002 as Minnie and Spirit through 2010 as Outlook and Spirit. Forest River made something similar in the Sunseeker line, around the same years.

For anything you think about remodeling, it is important to know what is in the area you intend to change. Sometimes there will be exterior access to storage under a piece of furniture, and often there is equipment to be relocated. I can easily replace the sofa, it is in a slideout, with something of equivalent weight but not much heavier. I could not easily rip out my dinette because the fresh water fill and a water storage tank are under one of the benches.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
coachellacanuck wrote:
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
The price seems high, especially if your talking US funds. A quick search on
www.rvtrader.com
found one of the same models in Tyler Texas for $65,000 with only 1000 miles.
A new one also in Kentucky for $65.
But the floor plan does not seem to match your description.

Yes, I found various listings for varying floor plans as well. Hey, everything is negotiable, right?

It is, but my comment was that the 210rs floorplan does not appear to match your description of having a couch and table across from the booth dinette.
It appear to have a J or L lounge with a small table as its only seating.

And yes is you look at the upper right of the screen you will see the jump to button, follow down to the workkamping forum for any insights they may have had.

coachellacanuck
Explorer
Explorer
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
www.rvtrader.com

Yes, I found various listings for varying floor plans as well. Hey, everything is negotiable, right?

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
www.rvtrader.com

coachellacanuck
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
Floor plan of my 29B has a desk/vanity in the bedroom of suitable size for a laptop computer or all-in-one up to maybe 24 inch screen size. If I wanted more space (and did not anticipate guests needing the sleeping space) I have an 8-foot slideout in the living area that now contains a sleeper sofa but would readily handle a work table up to 30 by 80 inches. But my C is about 8 feet longer than what you are looking at.

What year is your unit, please? I am trying to look up a floor plan online.

coachellacanuck
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:
You might look at something with a toyhauler area. It's a big area that you could customize for your use. I've heard several people here mention that they use one for a hobby/work area.

I thought of that but Class C toy haulers seem to be hard to find, and the sleeping area is often restricted to above the cab (not young/flexible enough to literally climb into bed every night.)

But if anyone knows of a toy hauler with sleeping area at base level, please feel free to suggest!

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might look at something with a toyhauler area. It's a big area that you could customize for your use. I've heard several people here mention that they use one for a hobby/work area.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've not yet seen any small C's with built in office work space. I've seen this only in custom van conversions and custom-built A's, in both cases more of a mobile office than a recreational vehicle. There may be a manufacturer of C's that does custom builds on that platform. I know that Winnebago has a division that builds all sorts of specialty vehicles inside some of the shells they use for Class A RVs (mobile command posts, bookmobiles, bloodmobiles, rolling dental clinics and assorted other mobile health services).

Forest River Corp (which owns the Coachmen brand) has more than one division outside of the RV brands that builds specialty vehicles and motorcoaches of various sizes, and I know there is at least one company inside of Thor that does the same, but as with Forest River, this is separate from the Thor Motor Coach division that builds RVs.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B