cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor customer service

jtessnm
Explorer
Explorer
Reciently I ordered online a motorhome part, ATS, from "rvandvansurplus.com" dba as surplus on line. When I placed the order I received an email stating that the part would ship in 1 to 3 days and that I would be notified when shipped. After 5 days with no notification I emailed them asking about the status of the order. No reply. After 8 days I called them, but the service agent could not tell me if the unit had shipped, but assured me the the owner would call me later that day. No call. The next day I called and after holding for several minutes I talked with the owner. He told me that the item was not in stock and that he would probably receive it in 4 days. When I asked him why he did not at least email me that information, he told me that he was very busy and did not have time. I cancelled the order, telling him that I would never do business with him or his company. He became beligerant and swore at me.

I ordered the item from another company that had it in stock and shipped it the same day. JT
Do not confuse me with facts, my mind is made up.
There is a difference between stupidity and ignorance: ignorance can be cured.
3 REPLIES 3

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
All this while companies are competing to stay in business and makes one have to wonder.
Different when it's an employee, but when it's an owner, like we've all encountered on occasion, then it's time for that person to find a job working for someone else. Then again, that's why many are in business for themselves and because no employer will put up with their attitude and nonsense.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
Don't you just love it when the owner lowers themselves to swearing at the customer. Really unprofessional, rude and not the way to make a business successful. I too have experienced being sworn at; needless to say I would not give that company my business.

Ray

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
I just ran into the same problem with a quilting supply source. Only they said it would ship in 7-10 days. After 2 days the email I got said "order complete". They took the money out immediately, but 20 days after I placed the order I called. She said they hadn't shipped yet because they didn't have all of the order!!!!!!!! I kindly suggested they change their website info page to EXPLAIN that rather than say "order complete". She got nasty with me.....I won't order from them again...
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend