cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite signal problem

TDiddy51
Explorer
Explorer
I have a problem that whenever my Dish Tailgater is plugged into the satellite coax connection on the RV, the signal doesn't reach the receiver, a 211 model. Everything works fine if I run the cable from the Dish antenna straight thru a window to the receiver, works fine. A tech support guy mentioned something about using an adapter to make the Dish system compatible with the wiring in the RV. Apparently the wiring isn't the same type of coax. HELP!
11 REPLIES 11

Happytracks
Explorer
Explorer
X2:BB TX

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
If you can you need to trace the coax from the incoming sat input and make sure it goes direct to the sat box. It should not go thru any other devices.

Lorinmc3
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about the typing errors. I'm typing this on my phone.

Lorinmc3
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem with my tailgate. I removed the two screws that hold the splinter in the wall, unhooked it and replaced it with a wall panel (from Lowes) that has two cable outlets. I labeled on satellite and one antenna. Now it works perfectly. Basically all I did was eliminate the 12 volt switch. it worked great for me.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
There is an outlet on mine that says EXT SATELLITE IN....I take that and right next to it is TO REAR RECEIVER...pipe those 2 together with a short rg6 and it works...I can also bring that box up front and use when we are in deep woods...you need to find the above EXT SATELLITE IN and directly connect it to your receiver...if that's good then the problem is that darn selector box..that has to be out of the loop for it to supply the 12 v back to the tailgater.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would test the cable. make sure the cable that is marked satelite is actually the sat cable on the other end.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

TDiddy51
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
The outside of your TT should have two ins. SAT and ANT/CABLE

Yes, I know that, I used the "Sat" connection, above the "Cable" connection. Thanks anyway.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
The outside of your TT should have two ins. SAT and ANT/CABLE

therink
Explorer
Explorer
It has to be a direct feed from receptacle on trailer exterior to the satellite receiver box inside. If there are any splitters, you will not get signal. If it is a direct coax feed (satellite prep as Keystone calls it), the wire might be bad.
A satellite receiver sends voltage to the dish. This voltage gets lost if there is not a direct feed.
Good luck. Steve
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it going through a satellite switch (not splitter)?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
The internal coax goes through a splitter and the antenna switch/amp panel. So it's not a direct shot to the receiver. Sometimes it's as simple as turning off the amplifier power switch. The coax itself should work fine. I believe there are ways to reconfigure the internal cables to make it work. Perhaps others can help...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad