cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shower tub puzzle

rocou
Explorer
Explorer
I am having a problem with the shower tub door on my 2009 CC Allure 42.
For a while now the door does not close properly as if the whole tub had twisted somewhat although it is made in one piece, and adding to the puzzle, the desalignement (millimeters) between the door and the frame could vary from time to time.I checked everything from screws to latche but to no avail.
Did somebody had the same problem? Could it be the floor? Any advice ?
8 REPLIES 8

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I notice that our shower door scrapes a little on the bottom when we are not exactly level.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
You quite welcome. I notice this same problem with my entry door if I am out of level. I have seen my friends windshield crack when his wife leveled it wrong. So these structures do twist over the length of the MH.

rocou
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Gjac, You have a very good point.This is what I thought initially since the gap between the door and the frame did effectively changed over time without me being able to relate it to a specific cause.I thought about the leveling but I got stuck with the idea that since the shower tub was made of one piece it could not be influenced by mouvements of the frame. But in reality, since it is fixed to the floor it should effectively reflect any mouvement of the latter. In this light I will monitor it more attentively and let you know eventually.
Thanks for this advice.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do the gaps change depending on how you level the MH? The house structure will move based on how level the MH is.

rocou
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks for your prompt replies.I put your collective advice to work with some pretty good results.But dont ask me what was exactly the cause of the problem.Still puzzling me. But DW happy.I cannot ask for more..

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look all over the door frame. If anything is out of square, it will throw the door off crooked.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
What is happening is that the door frame is coming loose from the glass. Where the door frame is tight to the enclosure frame, hit the door frame with the palm of your hand to force the frame towards the glass.

Had that happen to mine

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like the shower door hinges have failed. Had the same problem last couple of years. My cure was to make two new hinge pins. Yea, I had to make them. Tok me a couple ofmhours, but now the door works like new.