cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stack washer only runs hot

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Era have a new Ariston stack/washer/dryer in our new coach. It is the same as we had in our last and we have the same issue. It will not wash on cold when set to cold. In the last one we checked all the hookups and everything was good and the explanation we got was these smaller machines front loading need the hot to wash well. The machine however has cold settings. When I posted on the other forums I quickly got suggestions that cold was not hooked up or pugged but it is not plugged and is hooked properly. We can wash on cold by letting hot water tank go cool. Anyone with experience with this stupid who has advice?
4 REPLIES 4

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Problem solved. You guys were correct. Company said it always rinses on cold.I reversed the hoses and they had been attached wrong. My 2015 ironically had the same problem and my dealer said these front end loaders don't wash well on cold. Suspicious I know but I traded before I could reverse them myself as they said they were correct. Well I thought I couldn't get two in a road attached backward so maybe we were not using the proper settings. When no one here told me about secret settings we determined it had to be the hoses so we took off the panels and reversed them and all is as it should be. I still think it is amazing that the manufacturer crossed the hoses on two successive coaches I purchased. Not a huge deal but one that shakes my confidence because if you make small mistakes large ones can't be far behind.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Water temp sensor and computer. They are set up so to have a certain water temp. Call the company that makes it and get the straight story. Ours at home has the same issue, I just change the sensor and turned off the hot water, or as suggest you might switch the hot/cold hose.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
I would try swapping the hot and cold hoses at the washer.

If it only fills on the cold setting (with hot water), you aren't getting cold water to the washer for some reasonโ€”plugged hose, shut off valve, etc.

If it only fills on the hot setting (with cold water), something in the washer isn't working, probably the cold water fill solenoid valve or its connections or control circuitry.

If something else happens, maybe the washer is too clever for its own good and has some sort of a thermostatic temperature setting system that mixes the water to a more or less precise temperature, and I would in that case probably break down and pay someone who knows more about it to troubleshoot. Most all American washers just select cold/warm/hot by turning on one or both of the incoming water taps, though, and don't actually sense and control the temperature.

X2. If I had to make a guess I would say is is either dirt in the cold water solenoid or is went bad. If it was not winterized properly it could have frozen which could damage the solenoid valve.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would try swapping the hot and cold hoses at the washer.

If it only fills on the cold setting (with hot water), you aren't getting cold water to the washer for some reasonโ€”plugged hose, shut off valve, etc.

If it only fills on the hot setting (with cold water), something in the washer isn't working, probably the cold water fill solenoid valve or its connections or control circuitry.

If something else happens, maybe the washer is too clever for its own good and has some sort of a thermostatic temperature setting system that mixes the water to a more or less precise temperature, and I would in that case probably break down and pay someone who knows more about it to troubleshoot. Most all American washers just select cold/warm/hot by turning on one or both of the incoming water taps, though, and don't actually sense and control the temperature.