cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Tiffin RV

trtog7
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new Allegro QBA35 last fall. Had difficulties with it and spent time in Red Bay and La Mesa in Goodyear AZ to get things fixed ......too bad all motorhomes have poor quality control while being made.
There was some discussion at La Mesa whether a couple of the items would be fixed under warranty
After a letter to Red Bay and a call from Bob Tiffin we have been reimbursed all moneys we had spent.
That is standing behind your product
10 REPLIES 10

Finally
Explorer
Explorer
We've owned 9 RV's, and two of them have been Tiffin. By far, Tiffin has been the best. No one ever has to go to Red Bay. We like to, because we sometimes get upgrades, and in Red Bay Alabama, you can buy what you need, and there are qualified techs to do it. Also, if your furniture gets worn, it's easy to replace. If we get any scratches etc, Bruce Deaton takes care of that. There is virtually nothing regarding motorhomes you can't get done.

Tiffin has GREAT customer service. There's not many large companies where customers feel like they have a business AND personal relationship with the company. Tiffin is a company that kind of reminds you of the old days. We've met the whole Tiffin family. The nicest people you will meet anywhere.

Tiffin has taken good care of us. We haven't really had anything, but we know there is a tech that will answer the phone if something does happen.
2012 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2005 Tiffin Phaeton Sold
2009 Lincoln MKX
and Milli

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
I've been following a bunch of Tiffin threads for the past couple of years in the course of researching our purchase. Most of the stories I have read about people going to Red Bay are from three categories:

1.) Those with expired warranties with problems that crop up and Tiffin say they will fix it. Keep in mind, these coaches are out of warranty. How many manufacturers would fix a storage bay on a 6-year old coach? Or, how about radius cracks on 5-year old+ coaches?

2.) Owners who buy far away from home for price or are full timers and go to Red Bay for everything. (Once I retire, if still Tiffin owner, this will be my choice if Tiffin still offers this service.)

3.) Sometimes, a warranty issue arises that the local dealer can't fix. (Who hasn't run into inadequate RV dealers?) Tiffin will say bring it to us, we'll fix it. I have seen stories where Tiffin finds other service providers to do the job too.

Factory service/repair is a great option to have. One of the things I checked while narrowing down our options was if factory service/repair was available. I thought it would be a good option to have.

By the way, I'm still not sure if we made the right choice (the grass is always greener). We have had a few small items and one major headache. All were fixed by the selling dealer except for a couple that I chose to do myself. The proof will be in the long run, I guess?
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our 2002 Phaeton since it was new. We've been to the factory 3 times, not because we needed to but because we wanted to and we happened to be close by. All of our issues were minor not major problems. We also had very good results. I also agree a dealership can fix most problems so Red Bay is not always necessary.

We've been to Tiffin's factory during all those trips and saw how they do try to maintain quality control and do inspections and tests after they come off the assembly line but...with a rig with such complicated systems...obviously it is impossible to catch everything. Any issue that comes up later is taken care of by the dealership or a trip back to the factory. Tiffin handled our isses things without any trouble and many times at their own cost.

Many brands of rigs have "issues" not caught at the factory or develop them later. More complete testing before a unit is sold should be the case for all manufacturers.

We all know this whole deal is frustrating.

I do agree with other posters...for the money we all spend on new units or our hard earned cash on used ones perfection is expected but can seldom be met. Always there will be someone who is dissatisfied with their unit or a unit that has minor issues.

All any of us can do is talk to the dealerships and manufacturers and encourage stepping up their quality procedures or just don't buy an RV. But that would mean a lot of RVers would not be out rolling around the country.

If we want to own one we have to accept that this rolling home is complicated--therefore owning and operating one will never be simple or cheap.
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing about 95% or an even higher number of Tiffins NEVER have a major issue and only need a few fixes like most RV's. I was just commenting on thanking "Bob" because he fixed it after you had to go to Red Bay. I might thank "Bob" if he paid for my fuel and time,
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Tiffin this past November. We had a couple minor things that needed to be corrected after delivery; entry door issue and a shower issue that were corrected by our local Michigan dealer. No fuss/no muss.
We are thrilled with our Allegro. It is our second coach. If I were buying a new coach, I can't see any reason to do anything differently.
I'm a Happy Camper!
“Light hearted I take to the open road… Healthy, free, the world before me… The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.” - Walt Whitman

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
tommy g wrote:
DSDP Don wrote:
Glad you got it fixed, but thanking "Bob" after you had to take it back to the factory to get it fixed doesn't sound like something I would be happy about!

This brings up a constant argument on here. Everyone is impressed with their Tiffin because "Bob" is so happy to fix it once you drive to Red Bay, Alabama. That tells me it was a big issue and Tiffin couldn't/wouldn't authorize anyone else to fix it near where you live.

Tiffin makes nice stuff, but too many stories of great service, as long as you drive to Alabama. Maybe that's why there aren't that many on the west coast, it's a long drive for warranty work.
Where did the OP say he took it to Alabama?

In his second sentience ... Red Bay is in Alabama
Bill

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Tiffin authorized warranty work at my local dealer. It does not have to be done in Red Bay. A great customer service and repair policy is one reason we shopped and bought Tiffin.

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
Glad you got it fixed, but thanking "Bob" after you had to take it back to the factory to get it fixed doesn't sound like something I would be happy about!

This brings up a constant argument on here. Everyone is impressed with their Tiffin because "Bob" is so happy to fix it once you drive to Red Bay, Alabama. That tells me it was a big issue and Tiffin couldn't/wouldn't authorize anyone else to fix it near where you live.

Tiffin makes nice stuff, but too many stories of great service, as long as you drive to Alabama. Maybe that's why there aren't that many on the west coast, it's a long drive for warranty work.
Where did the OP say he took it to Alabama?
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer

Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

HHg_in_Austin
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry you had the problems in the first place......our Phaeton has been almost trouble free. We've had a couple of very minor issues that I was able to correct very easily. So my Tiffin has been a good one !!

Hhg
HHg in Austin
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40-QBH
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Toad