cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

thor palazzo

tremax1120
Explorer
Explorer
we are looking for reviews and peoples opinions on the thor Palazzo. We have looked at several coaches such as Tiffen and the Winnie of course. We love the Tiffen product but don't love many features as well as floor plans. On the Winnie the tanks are way to small.
We loved the homey feel of the Palazzo but friends told us its a very low end coach with history or failure and poor reviews.
also, would love to know your thoughts on the Georgie Boy as well.

Thoughts and I appreciate your help. I am brand new to the forum so here it goes.
32 REPLIES 32

Ruf-n-it
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Forza 36G and have had no slide issues.
Tom N
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2016 Winnebago Forza 36G
2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
FrontRangeRVer wrote:
Effy wrote:
Winnie has had some of the same slide issues on the Forza that plagued the Palazzo.

The link you sent is not a Forza. Just looking for all the Forza slide problems you are talking about. I did a search here, and I still don't see any. :R Lots of Palazzo slide problems, but haven't seen or read of any Forza slide problems.

The problem with statements like this, is some folks actually believe these type comments are fact, when they really are just false gossip. Especially, hearing from a friend of a friend who might have had a slide issue on a Forza that was seen on RV.net, which as it turns out, isn't here, or muchless true. :R

Oh jeez really? It's a Winnebago isn't it?
2013 ACE 29.2

FrontRangeRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Winnie has had some of the same slide issues on the Forza that plagued the Palazzo.

The link you sent is not a Forza. Just looking for all the Forza slide problems you are talking about. I did a search here, and I still don't see any. :R Lots of Palazzo slide problems, but haven't seen or read of any Forza slide problems.

The problem with statements like this, is some folks actually believe these type comments are fact, when they really are just false gossip. Especially, hearing from a friend of a friend who might have had a slide issue on a Forza that was seen on RV.net, which as it turns out, isn't here, or muchless true. :R
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
SOLD 2006 Winnebago Voyage 35A (was a GREAT unit)

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
FrontRangeRVer wrote:
Effy wrote:
FrontRangeRVer wrote:
Effy wrote:

Link? I'm a Forza Group moderator, and I haven't heard of one solitary slide issue.

Someone posted a pic on here a few months ago of the slide racked. Someone else complained theirs was broken. I don't cache these links. Look for it

No pics of a "slide rack" on the Forza, as I thought, or any mention of a Forza slide issue on RV.net. Just wanted clarification, and I got it.

You were even on this thread.
thread with winnie pics
2013 ACE 29.2

FrontRangeRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
FrontRangeRVer wrote:
Effy wrote:

Link? I'm a Forza Group moderator, and I haven't heard of one solitary slide issue.

Someone posted a pic on here a few months ago of the slide racked. Someone else complained theirs was broken. I don't cache these links. Look for it

No pics of a "slide rack" on the Forza, as I thought, or any mention of a Forza slide issue on RV.net. Just wanted clarification, and I got it.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
FrontRangeRVer wrote:
Effy wrote:

2013 ACE 29.2

FrontRangeRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:

2015 Winnebago Forza 34T

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
I woudd have gone either the cayon star or the itasca sunova if the 36 LA wasnt available, all three are great coaches
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
hanko wrote:
Rodz wrote:
tremax1120 wrote:
Open to gas as well. On the fence in regards to a deisl.
Thoughts on the georgeieboy?

I had a deposit on a Palazo. Then after checking them out further and reading about all the problems, I withdrew my deposit. The dealer also sold Newmar and had a Canyon Star 3610 gasser that we really liked for several thousand dollars less. We bought it and have been very happy with it. My last 2 were DP's but this one does everything we expect from a MH. Very good ride, handles great even in windy conditions, plenty of power on the hills, I don't have to deal with DEF, the mileage is the same as my dp's 7-8 mpg and now with gas 1.55 lower than diesel around here we're even happier we went back to gas.

I agree

I noticed you have a Tiffin 36LA. That was my other choice. A friend and I were both ready to buy at the same. I got the Canyon Star 3610 and he bought the 36LA. They're very similar and both are great MH's. Can't go wrong with either one.

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
Rodz wrote:
tremax1120 wrote:

I had a deposit on a Palazo. Then after checking them out further and reading about all the problems, I withdrew my deposit. The dealer also sold Newmar and had a Canyon Star 3610 gasser that we really liked for several thousand dollars less. We bought it and have been very happy with it. My last 2 were DP's but this one does everything we expect from a MH. Very good ride, handles great even in windy conditions, plenty of power on the hills, I don't have to deal with DEF, the mileage is the same as my dp's 7-8 mpg and now with gas 1.55 lower than diesel around here we're even happier we went back to gas.

I agree
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP. I applaud you on doing your research. If you go over to IRV2 in the Palazzo forums you will see a lot of satisfied owners. I really, really feel like mine and the few other owners who have had massive slide out issues were the Guinna pigs for the Schwintek issues and consequent fixes.

I took a little poll over there and I came up with a 29% failure rate. You can search the posts and see for yourself. If you can stomach a 29% failure rate then by all means take a look at a Palazzo. Mine is fixed for now. I am keeping it. It does not give me comfort in knowing it could self destruct again at any given time.

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar with road master base plate
Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
TPMS with toad and MH transmitters

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
tremax1120 wrote:

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend looking at Country Coach, Newmar and Tiffin.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
hanko wrote:
check with Elfy, hes the Thor man, knows all about em

Yep I know a lot about the Palazzo, friends of ours have one. Hanky likes to call me out cuz I like my Thor and it's been trouble free. But it's a $70k entry level gasser and I know what to expect from that budget. Other than that, not sure what Hanky's issue is with me, maybe he secretly likes me. I guess you can't have any good experience with Thor, perhaps I should have checked with Hanky first.

Anyway, aside from 93Mastercrafts post and his horror story, my friends have a horror story of their own. Slide issues, paint issues, overall quality etc. The Palazzo is really the black eye of the Thor line. They have started using double rails on the slide and from what I heard that has helped, but essentially it's an ACE on a Freightliner chassis. But they are about the cheapest in terms of price so you get what you pay for. I like Thor and have been happy with our gasser and their support. But I would NOT buy a Palazzo. Look at the Excursion, Coachman Cross Country, Forza etc for comparable options in the same price range. I was actually pretty impressed with the Cross Country in that price range and would look there first if I was in the market for an entry level DP. That said, a schwintek slide is a schwintek slide no matter what box you put it in. Winnie has had some of the same slide issues on the Forza that plagued the Palazzo. But look at other options even if it means a little more cash. You'll get a better product. Does that surprise you Hanky?

Yep, that Elfy is a great guy. Maybe we can go camping together someday

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar