cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

thor palazzo

tremax1120
Explorer
Explorer
we are looking for reviews and peoples opinions on the thor Palazzo. We have looked at several coaches such as Tiffen and the Winnie of course. We love the Tiffen product but don't love many features as well as floor plans. On the Winnie the tanks are way to small.
We loved the homey feel of the Palazzo but friends told us its a very low end coach with history or failure and poor reviews.
also, would love to know your thoughts on the Georgie Boy as well.

Thoughts and I appreciate your help. I am brand new to the forum so here it goes.
32 REPLIES 32

tremax1120
Explorer
Explorer
Thx. We have read and heard nothing good thus the Thor products are off the table. . Now asking for suggestions.
Seeking 33 to 35 foot mh gas or deisl.
no older than 4 years loved.
Brands and model suggestions requested.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
You would do yourself a favor by looking for something other than Thor. For $100,000 you can get yourself a much better quality used MH ( did I say other than Thor, especially the Palazzo).

tremax1120
Explorer
Explorer
Open to gas as well. On the fence in regards to a deisl.
Thoughts on the georgeieboy?

paintedtugboat
Explorer
Explorer
Also look at the Tiffin Breeze and Tiffin Red. They may have the size tanks you need.
Bob and Joan Alexander
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH (Phaeth)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport (Hope)
Lobo & Juniper
Full-timers since 2014

http://www.phaethtofulltime.com/

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
X2 :R
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
tremax1120 wrote:
thank you!!! Also, the rig needs to have good size fresh water tanks as we do dry camp as well. Our price range is less than $100K. keep the ideas coming in. certainly appreciate all your wisdom.

You can't buy a Palazzo or any new DP for that price. You are looking at a few years old. Maybe a new gasser but not a new DP.
2013 ACE 29.2

tremax1120
Explorer
Explorer
thank you!!! Also, the rig needs to have good size fresh water tanks as we do dry camp as well. Our price range is less than $100K. keep the ideas coming in. certainly appreciate all your wisdom.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
hanko wrote:
check with Elfy, hes the Thor man, knows all about em

Yep I know a lot about the Palazzo, friends of ours have one. Hanky likes to call me out cuz I like my Thor and it's been trouble free. But it's a $70k entry level gasser and I know what to expect from that budget. Other than that, not sure what Hanky's issue is with me, maybe he secretly likes me. I guess you can't have any good experience with Thor, perhaps I should have checked with Hanky first.

Anyway, aside from 93Mastercrafts post and his horror story, my friends have a horror story of their own. Slide issues, paint issues, overall quality etc. The Palazzo is really the black eye of the Thor line. They have started using double rails on the slide and from what I heard that has helped, but essentially it's an ACE on a Freightliner chassis. But they are about the cheapest in terms of price so you get what you pay for. I like Thor and have been happy with our gasser and their support. But I would NOT buy a Palazzo. Look at the Excursion, Coachman Cross Country, Forza etc for comparable options in the same price range. I was actually pretty impressed with the Cross Country in that price range and would look there first if I was in the market for an entry level DP. That said, a schwintek slide is a schwintek slide no matter what box you put it in. Winnie has had some of the same slide issues on the Forza that plagued the Palazzo. But look at other options even if it means a little more cash. You'll get a better product. Does that surprise you Hanky?
2013 ACE 29.2

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
In that price range for a new diesel pusher I would look at the Fleetwood Excursion.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
tremax1120.....You've actually owned some pretty good quality coaches, so it may be hard to find something built better than you've already had. Have you looked at the Bounders/Pace Arrows. They've had decent coaches for years. The Winnie gassers are nice. Have you looked at the Newmar gassers for a floor plan you like.

The Palazzo offers the opportunity for some to get into a diesel pusher at a low price. Apparently, they went with the Schwintek (sp) slides initially and had issues. Their slide out rooms were too heavy for a single mechanism, but have since solved the issue.

After hearing about the Palazzo issues, I looked one over at our local dealer where I buy parts. The coaches look nice with nice paint jobs. As I looked closer, I saw a lot of things I didn't like. The bay doors had some weird mechanisms, things were not well built inside and looked very flimsy.

We've been camping with my sister's neighbor who owns one. He's not terribly unhappy and feels he got what he paid for.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

tremax1120
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions on a rig with good sized tanks. this would be our third RV we currently have a 97 national sea breeze prior to that we had a 95 south wind.what manufacturers would you guys suggest Holiday Rambler Georgie boy thoughts please?

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
check with Elfy, hes the Thor man, knows all about em
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
I will throw this out also. I was really hot to buy a Palazzo, till we went and looked. We were both very surprised at the seemly lack of quality control on just the interior fit and finish. Quickly struck that one off the list. We looked at several other brands and were even less impressed. When we finally got up into the $350-400k range it seemed like things were getting better. Then after reading mastercraft's post I knew we dodged a very large bullet.

Wife finally said our C class was just fine, we both like it and we will keep it till the wheels fall off. And we will.

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Here is some reading for you:

Palazzo Blues
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Double thread..just search youtube and this form for 93mastercraft's posts..enough said and I have talked to Mitch about his coach..while it is in barely acceptable shape now..his first thor was the fallout from an atomic blast...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)