cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires: Michelin vs. Bridgestone

Keith_in_a_Flai
Explorer
Explorer
Our 1993 Flair came with Michelin XPS Rib tires (steel casing) and when they needed replacing, we used the same. Last time we went with their X RAD LT version (polyester casing, which was OK, but we going to go back to steel.
A friend who actually owns a local tire store has recommended the Bridgestone Duravis R250 tire, which he says is comparable to the XPS Rib and a little cheaper.
Does anyone here have experience with either tire? What is your opinion?
Thanks.
20 REPLIES 20

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
If it were me I would stick with the Michelin XPS ribbed. I think they are the very best tire and safest tire you can put on a fifth wheel.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Duravis tires (not sure of the model) on a 3500 SRW truck hauling my truck camper. I had them loaded right at or over their weight capacity and logged thousands of trouble free miles.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
We went for the Michelins, no regrets.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with the Firestone TransForce's is that they are not steel sidewalls like the R250's unless they have recently changed their composition. Have not heard of anyone having problems with the R250's and they will be my next tire purchase if available. I was traveling in the Pacific Northwest just outside of Portland Or and needed two steer tires this summer, the R250's were not available in the NW, they would have to come from a warehouse in southern CA and it would be 6 days. Was told the reason they were not stocked up there was that they were not considered a good winter/wet tire in my size which is Lt235/85/16. Hope this helps.
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would be looking at Toyos.
The Duravis is a summer tire. Not sure if you want that style in Colorado.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at the Firestone Transforce also. Another option that has gotten good reciews