cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toad problem

didi
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2005 volvo v50 as my tow vehicle while coming home the vehicle started 2 flash the high beams when i stopped to find the problem i got into vehicle it sounded like morris code was going off under my dash can anyone help me with this. i will appreciate all the help, thanks too those who reply.

2003 Airstream Land Yacht 30'
14 REPLIES 14

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
Morse Code (not morris) is a signalling system using a series of of short and long signals, either by flashing lights or sound, to spell out messages. Used primarily by military to communicate when wishing to maintain radio silence.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
Morse Code (not morris) is a signalling system using a series of of short and long signals, either by flashing lights or sound to spell out messages. Used primarily by military to communicate when wishing to maintain radio silence.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well a lot can cause it, however, I do think it's either the anti-theft on the toad or very low battery. Either that or a failing relay.... Too many things can cause this.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

didi
Explorer
Explorer
two relays were hot to the touch replaced them and car did the same took the panel out of casing & it was shorting at this point replaced that so far so good.

Thanks, i hope i don't have 2 go thru this again, the car will definetly go to a qualified mechanic.

2005 volvo v50 toad

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Still sounds like a low vehicle battery to me. Check the voltage while you are having the problem.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

didi
Explorer
Explorer
relays are clicking and no engine light on the problem return after the next day the lights are flicking fast.

2005 volvo v50

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
jyrostng wrote:
DryCreek wrote:
What is morris code, as far as horn/lights are concerned?

relays clicking

Can it be deciphered to indicate a problem, sorta' like OBD-1 check engine light flashes?

jyrostng
Explorer
Explorer
DryCreek wrote:

relays clicking
2000 F53 Southwind 32v

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer

didi
Explorer
Explorer
thank you to all i took Goldencrazy advice that seem to do it went for a ride and seems back to normal thank you again

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
What does your owner's manual say?

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Assume you do not disconnect the battery when towing. I also assume you turned off ignition and then started the vehicle and the dancing lights continued. Perhaps disconnect the battery and wait a minute and recoonect. In most vehicles that will reset the computer.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Or, the toad battery got low and caused the vehicle computer to start going nuts.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
It sort of sounds like your anti-theft system activated while being towed.