cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Induction Interface Disk

jepalmer
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about getting an induction burner, but would rather not get a new set of cookware. Has anyone tried using an Induction Interface Disk?
e.g.; http://www.amazon.com/Max-Burton-6010-Induction-Heat-Proof/dp/B00213L3PK/ref=sr_1_9?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1415136392&sr=1-9&keywords=induction+burner
8 REPLIES 8

wca01
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't get your induction cooking eye hot enough, you have the wrong brand induction appliance.

We have two NuWave Pro 1800 watt eyes in the MH. The cooking surface extends large enough to fit a 10 or 12 inch pan. It can be set to as high as 525 degrees and will do it too. In short order, it will make any kind of cooking oil smoke in any size pan. We seldom use that high setting.

We have a Samsung induction/convection range in the stick and brick. It has four eyes of different sizes and will also get things very hot if desired.

Quick response (faster than gas) and close temperature control is what induction cooking is all about. If yours isn't doing a superb job, look at another brand. It's really the way to go.

Good Luck!
Wil

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
dirtyhandz wrote:
I have a Max Burton with the disc accessory. It really slows things down, never use it. I really haven't been using my induction top that much as the area that heats seems just to small to me. I cook almost exclusively with cast iron and the heating area is just to small. It's like a four inch ring in the center. It's great for a tea kettle or something small. I pretty much stick with my gas cook top that came with the camper.

We use CI almost exclusively also, but we haven't had any problems frying on the induction. I think it takes a little longer to heat CI on it because of the heating area. CI is slow to heat, but slow to cool.
The one thing I've found that it won't do is deep fry. The thermostat location just isn't conducive to keeping the oil hot.
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

dirtyhandz
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Max Burton with the disc accessory. It really slows things down, never use it. I really haven't been using my induction top that much as the area that heats seems just to small to me. I cook almost exclusively with cast iron and the heating area is just to small. It's like a four inch ring in the center. It's great for a tea kettle or something small. I pretty much stick with my gas cook top that came with the camper.

phranc
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of places now sell inexpensive induction ready cookware. Such as
K Mart , WalMart , Bed Bath & Beyond . Ikea has some nice fry pans with non stick coating for about 15 bucks ea. We have a Burton griddle for the RV gas stove that has a induction disk in the bottom. We use it at Home and as another poster said , about 75% efficient. A better choice is some dedicated induction
cookware .
2008 Diesel Bounder 38V

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
jepalmer wrote:
Thanks.
Looks like new cookware if we go induction...

Cast Iron works great, it ain't pretty, but the results are.
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

jepalmer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.
Looks like new cookware if we go induction...

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is about a 70% efficiency with the disk. I used it a few times before getting some compliant cookware and was not pleased.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Induction Interface Disk will heat up quickly BUT the transfer of heat to other pan is slow and inefficient. Other pan will heat/cook but it would do it better if you just used directly on gas burner.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31