cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Apple/ Mac CAN support Windows...

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III

OK, OK... I know this should be in the ATC humor section, but I thought it would get more of a laff here :B

(a little comic relief and thanks for the folks here who have helped me over the years.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
8 REPLIES 8

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Even without Boot Camp, you can install Windows directly on the Mac, grab drivers from Apple, and toss those on the Windows partition, so you have support for power management, the Mac keyboard, ans so on. It works fairly decently as a Windows machine, should one decide to go that route.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
d3500ram wrote:

OK, OK... I know this should be in the ATC humor section, but I thought it would get more of a laff here :B

(a little comic relief and thanks for the folks here who have helped me over the years.

Definitely a good one!
Thanks, I needed a laugh this morning!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
Mac OS X has come with the capability to multi boot into Windows for close to a decade using Boot Camp utility. The only issue is that it will likely break if you do an OS upgrade.

My bud has boot camp and Windows and has no problems updating. He claims the Mac is faster/better running Windows than his high end Sony was. Of course his Mac is very high end.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Mac OS X has come with the capability to multi boot into Windows for close to a decade using Boot Camp utility. The only issue is that it will likely break if you do an OS upgrade.

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
EV2 wrote:
Calicajun wrote:
Good one. I use a PC and found this funny. My wife uses a Mac and didn't find it funny. Wonder why?

Possibly because there is so much misinformation on the Mac running windows. The best laugh was when PC Magazine editorial expressed frustration at why the Mac running windows OS natively was more efficient and reliable than a PC with the same windows OS.

I had forgotten that a Mac ran Windows. Could solve the problem for us when we start full timing as to what computer to bring in the RV.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Calicajun wrote:
Good one. I use a PC and found this funny. My wife uses a Mac and didn't find it funny. Wonder why?

Possibly because there is so much misinformation on the Mac running windows. The best laugh was when PC Magazine editorial expressed frustration at why the Mac running windows OS natively was more efficient and reliable than a PC with the same windows OS.

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab