cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Strange Gmail Glitch

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 Gmail accounts, one for commercial use, the other for personal contacts. Today I signed in to both accounts and found similar received emails from 4 of my personal contacts in both, who aren't even listed in my commercial account. Never seen that before. Not a big deal, but curious how this happened. Maybe because it's a Google thing?
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
5 REPLIES 5

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I did a search on this issue, and it's a known problem. What solved it is like you said, change your google passwords. They think that Outlook or some other server may be joining them together. That's how one guy solved it anyway.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
All appears be back to normal today. If I see the glitch again I may just go ahead and change the passwords as a precaution.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
They appeared to be genuine, word for word, and hopefully benign. I'll keep a watch on this and see if it was only a one time event. If I continue having this situation, I'll start getting suspicious and may need to change my address completely to another server. i have several addresses to choose from, such as Yahoo, Outlook, GMX and protonmail. I get what your saying about the fact Google owns gmail. I don't use Chrome browser, either, but defer instead to Brave or the new Edge. ๐Ÿ˜‰

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Were they genuine emails of "Scam Suspected" emails. the latter .. Well.

Most of my G-mail is scam suspected because that's my Spam-a-lot account. if I give my E-dress to folks I suspect may sell it. it's the Gmail The other one I am a bit more ..er... selective.. with.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times