cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Making up bed

Eagle1951
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a secret to making up queen size bed in MH when you can't get to the other side to straighten covers.
18 REPLIES 18

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Roy&Lynne wrote:
I believe the solution is if you want a made up bed, don't by the corner ones.
X-2, actually rented one like that a long time ago, one of the things we looked for when buying, NO CORNER BED.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the solution is if you want a made up bed, don't by the corner ones.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Pull the mattress away from the wall at each top and bottom and than you can get the fitted sheet on each rear corner. Tuck the blankets in and push back into place before you work on the other side.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We pull the mattress back to where we can reach, then make the bed and slide the mattress back in place.

antiquedrose
Explorer
Explorer
dvitale300, thank you for the tip!

A couple of ladies and I were talking just yesterday about how we can't get sheets to fit our beds at home, that's three homes with an assortment of beds and all of the varied types of bottom sheets are lose and wrinkled. One of us (certainly not me) has spent the time measuring her mattresses, buying appropriate sized sheets, that still fit too big, then cuts and sews them herself for a smooth fit.

For me and the 3rd lady, not so talented, I'll pass on the suspenders tip.

aussie1
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem! My solution, trade in that rig for a new one with a better configuration that enabled me to get to both sides of the bed easily!
Cheers
Paula

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
How to Make Up an RV Bed: I have posted this before but I guess it is time to do it again. Step l: Take a fitted bottom sheet of the appropriate size and climb up on the bed. Crawl to the head of the bed and slip the fitted corners of the sheets over the corners of the bed. You may hold the left corner in your mouth while crawling to the right corner. Crawl off the bed and go repair the fingernail you broke. Crawl back up on the bed and gently pull the sheet (now secured at the corners) toward you while crawling backward. Go back and tuck in the corner that came loose. Decide whether to fix the second broken fingernail now or wait until later. When you reach the bottom of the bed, carefully step off and firmly pull the sheet toward you. When one of the top corners pops off, repeat Step 1 as many times as necessary. If you ever succeed in getting the top corners to stay fitted, you may secure the bottom one. Then you start over with Step 1 for each successive piece of bedding (top sheet, comforter, blanket, etc), only now your objective is to get the tops to stay flat while you backcrawl to the bottom. Or you can follow the suggestion above: "Just put your camping bedding on top of it",....and go have some fun! lizzie

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I thought all those bed covers were for show. Just put your camping bedding on top of it.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
I can barely get my mattress off as I have about one foot space to climb into the bed. I agree. Let someone else do it and don't do it again until you have to. Now making the above cab queen bed is even harder!

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
OK - not gonna charge for this ;o)

Go to Walmart and buy 3 pairs of suspenders - the ones with the metal clasp that holds the two belts together. Then, with a wire cutters, cut off the claps. You now have 6 elastic bands with graspers on each end.

Take your bed and slide if off the platform onto the floor (on its' edge). Put the bottom sheet on (the one with the elastic corners). Next fasten two belts lengthwise and 3 crosswise, adjusting the belts so that they have tension and pull the bottom sheet towards each other on the underneath of the bed. You now have a perfectly fitted bottom sheet that won't slide or come off. The rest of the bed making is as normal.

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
take your fitted sheet.
get on the bed.
fit the two ends that are against the wall
back off the bed
fit the other two ends.
as stated, use a duvet covered comforter, lightweight for top sheet, etc.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Grab the difficult corner in your out-stretched hand and do a belly-flop on the bed. There are style points involved.

It's why we got a walk-around queen in the Class C, and now a walk-around king in the Class A.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
For that situation, I would go with just a fitted sheet and a duvet cover. Put a light, medium or heavy comforter in the cover to suit the weather. Pull it up, toss the pillows on top, and done.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
wait till your wife wants a zip on cover put on the mattress for protection, Was quite hard doing it in the camper, not much easier in a fifth wheel, I always figured just throw sleeping bags in or throw the covers on the bed, I do not need things all neat and tucked in.