cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Monaco and Newmar

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
Are either of these motorhomes good to consider In a used coach? 2007 and newer. Diesel with 2-3 slides.
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!
6 REPLIES 6

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
We had an 05 Monaco Diplomat and loved it. We now have a 2014 Newmar Dutch Star and love it. Having had both, here is my opinion. I don't think you can go wrong buying a Monaco up to 2007 and look closely at any of the 2008 models (bankruptcy year). After that, I wouldn't touch a Monaco until they were taken over by Navistar. Even then, I would not personally be interested in one with a Navistar diesel.

For me, the Newmars have always been nice coaches, but the bland interiors never did it for us until I believe 2012 when they spiced them up.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

kellygirl6767
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased our 1996 Newmar Mountain Aire and (chuckling) after a few comments of "well, a rig that old" I can say that if buying a used RV, we would reccomend Newmar any time. They are well made, the woodwork is real, not pre-fabricated and customer service is outstanding.
On the Rhoda again!

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I have found Newmar's customer support to be outstanding. I am also pleased with the quality although I cannot compare with a Monaco since I have not owned one.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

rfsod48
Explorer
Explorer
I realize I will have to increase budget. Will have to finanCe 15000-20000 instead of paying in full.
Roland,Linda and Matt Schwarz, LuLu, MoMo and Chewy
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 38N Catipillar C7
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4wd Drive II
Go Bucks!

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unless you've increased your budget you will not find a 07 or newer Monaco DP. Monaco's customer support has been good through all three of it's owners.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
rfsod48 wrote:
Are either of these motorhomes good to consider In a used coach? 2007 and newer. Diesel with 2-3 slides.

top of the line.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.