cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rookie mistakes?

Firehawvvk
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up my new TT about a month ago and brought it home and parked it. I went out yesterday and plugged into 110 power and hooked up the battery. For some reason though I can not get the lights, radio and power awning to work. The microwave, TV and slide all work but nothing else.
I just thought I'd try this first before calling the manufacturer. We live miles from the nearest RV dealer.
Sorry if I listed this in the wrong place but there are so many choices.
Anybody have a clue to what I'm doing wrong?
Bob and Shelley
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 Coachman Catalina 253RKS
20 REPLIES 20

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Verify battery polarity by tracing the ground wire back to the frame.
If you hooked it up backwards then you blew the reverse polarity fuses on the converter.

Good luck,
Scott

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Check all the circuit breakers and fuses. Turn breakers all the way off and then back on. Some converters (the thingy that supplies 12 vdc to trailer) have fuses in the output to the battery.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Firehawvvk
Explorer
Explorer
Everything worked when I picked it up. I unhooked battery and placed on charger. I hooked battery up again and it does open/close the slide w/o the 110 being plugged in so dead battery I think can be ruled out and I don't know about any disconnect/connect switches.
I guess I'll call the manufacturer when I have time to be on hold.
Thanks for the help though as I am lost.
Bob and Shelley
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 Coachman Catalina 253RKS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Does it have a battery disconnect switch? If so, make sure the switch is in the correct position.

thebat68
Explorer
Explorer
Check for battery disconnect.
2009 25' Forest River XLR Lite Toy Hauler
2007 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT 5.4
Anderson Hitch System
'04 & '06 Daughters.
RV'ing or Camping in one form or another all my life.:C

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you sure battery is not hooked up backwards? Battery disconnect switch off? Bad battery?