cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'14 Heartland Tourque Awning LED lights

jwboudreau
Explorer
Explorer
Last season, my LED lights on my awning stopped working. We were on a trip so I let it go till the fall. Did some research and found information regarding an inline fuse. Took the switch panel off and searched high and low for an inline fuse, nothing found on the wiring for the switch. This past week I went looking again in the compartment that backs up to the switch panel, the battery area, etc. I even looked in the awning rail as many have found the inline fuse behind the sealant where the rail attaches to the coach. Nothing!!! Someone had mentioned to me last year that the switch could be bad, changed that out with no success. I am at my wits end with this, there is no inline fuse that I can find anywhere, I have changed the switch out. I have replaced the LED light strip, etc. Am I missing something? If anybody knows where I can possibly look for an inline fuse where I haven't already looked, please let me know. Research has said that there may not be an inline fuse, so I am completely lost at this point. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
7 REPLIES 7

jwboudreau
Explorer
Explorer
They worked prior and just stopped working from one day to the next. Looked for the inline fuse, and checked other items prior to replacing the strip. Beginning to wonder if there isnโ€™t a broken wire somewhere. Going to check to see what I have for power going to the switch tomorrow.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like you have a single color led strip just 2 wires going from the switch to the led's.
led's have a polarity the + and - have to be connected to the strip properly for them to work

jwboudreau
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
If they're OEM lighting on a Dometic A&E awning another possibility is they are junk, which they pretty much are even when new. It's not uncommon for a few LEDs to go out, or all of them.

I have already replaced them once and this is a new strip. It isn't the strip, it is something to do with the electrical, just don't know what...

jwboudreau
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Not trying to be snide, but did you check at the switch for voltage?
At least that will send you either to the lights, or back toward the fuse panel. And if none to the switch, can you run a new hot wire to it?

You aren't being snide, never thought of that, will have to check to make sure I am getting power there. Thanks, that is why I posted, looking for ideas to check before I just give up on it.

tommyznr
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
At least that will send you either to the lights, or back toward the fuse panel. And if none to the switch, can you run a new hot wire to it?

This.

My awning lights worked for a year or so then stopped working. I finally got time to look into it last week and found I had 12 volts at the switch and about 2 volts at the light.

It turns out the wire from the switch to the LED lights was pinched in the ceiling, so much so I could not pull it through. I spent the better part of the weekend snaking a new wire through my ceiling to replace the old. Lights work like a champ now.
Tom

2017 GMC Sierra SLT, Max Tow package
2018 Grand Design Reflection 295RL

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
If they're OEM lighting on a Dometic A&E awning another possibility is they are junk, which they pretty much are even when new. It's not uncommon for a few LEDs to go out, or all of them.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer