Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Xnatrex Freedom 458 2500 watt

I have a Xantrex Freedom 458 2500 watt inverter/charger with the basic Remote Panel in my motorhome. The motorhome is parked at the storgage lot and I check on it every couple of weeks. Last week when I checked on it the 4 6 volt batteries were dea...

jrclark by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ariston Washer / Dryer Quesitons

We have a new Tiffin Allegro RED with Ariston washer and dryer. We have never had a washer and dryer in a motorhome, and we used them for the first time yesterday. We have a couple of newbie questions about their behavior:1. The washer vibrated th...

mclee47 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

residential reefer question

My DP with my new residential reefer is stored without access to power. Just wondering what effect, if any, does the fact the reefer is powered up and off several times a year.

uncle_t by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternative to Winterizing

I live in an area where it might be 60 one day and 28 the next. I don't like the idea of winterizing one day and reversing the procedure the next day. And so on. Is there an alternative to this process such as heating one's motor home with a small...

Hondas Getting Louder

We have two Honda EU2000 generators. Normally we run them alternately unless the AC is needed. So each one has about 400 hours. DW says they are louder than when new — confirmed by a db meter check (iPhone app). Any ideas on why or what to do? N...

enahs by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Delamination

A while ago I had a topic on delimitation. Someone responded about a company in Hemet, CA I lost it so I would appreciate if I could get the name again.Thanks

Use onboard Onan to power house in emergency?

So I was thinking, hey, I got a fancy schmancy Onan, built right into the camper, so why would I need to buy some portable unit to run various things in the house during an emergency?!So I grab my 20A 50' cord, thinking I'll just fire up the genny an...

FSAD by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Pendant for 9200 PD Converter

Last winter I think, I replaced my old and failing PD converter from 1989 to a 9200. The shop I purchased from included all the cables and schematics for swapping them out. The guy who I dealt with said it wasn't necessary to install the pendant an...

furnace removeal

l found the leak and got over 3/4 of the floor removed, only thing now is removing the furnace, it is a Atwood 8500 l have got it loose from the inside and can move it from side to side. is there something holding it from the outside, seem like it so...

Installing cut-off switch for batteries

I have a trailer that has a cut off switch, however, it does not cut off everything. While in storage I want everything cut off without removing the battery cables. So, my idea is to insert a cut-off switch in the positive battery cable from the batt...

Keeping two batteries happy (separated)

Please excuse this long post, but I thought a more comprehensive discussion of this topic might be of interest. As is common with many RV's, I have two batteries in my RV, one for starting the vehicle and the other for house lighting, tv, etc. I star...

truepath by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning switch wiring - Weather Pro

I have a A&E Weather pro on a 2005 Southwind. I removed the controller box because it was cr-- . Now I have no power to the main roller switch. There were three wires going from the box to the roller switch. My question is can I somehow rig jumpers f...

Sticking Ignition Button

The button that you push to light the refrigerator is sticking, especially after a month of non-use. Is there a lubricant that can be used or solution to this problem? I have to pull it out with pliars after pushing it in. If I use it more frequen...

slowp by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tank Heater vs.Recirculating Hot Water

Has anyone tried recirculating hot water into their freshwater tank as an alternative to using a tank heater? How did it work? Issues? Comments from those who haven't done this are also welcome.I know that smkettner did an excellent write up awhi...

SteveAE by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Fridge

Bought a pop up for the daughter Fridge not working The pipes on the back get hot but the inside will not cool down Any suggestions Thanks