cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Thermostat Issue

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
I have an issue that Im puzzled on. The bedroom AC is starting to act up. Its a Dometic Briskair 2 13.5k non heat pump model and uses the basic square style digital Dometic thermostat with 3 buttons on it.
Recently when in "Auto" the compressor kicks on but no fan, it'll run untill I turn it off or it trips the breaker. I then manually have to turn the fan "on" to either low or high and the switch mode to "ac" and the compressor kicks on along with the fan. Later on I can set the Fan to "auto" and set mode to "AC" and itll will cycle on/off as normall. I dont research but havnt found anything definite.
Have seen discussions about the fan capacitor needing replacement but I think it could be the thermostat itself seeing how the AC is barley a year old and the thermostat is 2013 circa.
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours
1 REPLY 1

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
While it could be a problem with the main AC control board, I would first suspect the Dometic TS. Appears that many folks have replaced the Dometic with one from Micro-Air, but they're a bit pricey at $300 or so.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD