cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge issue

Cougargm
Explorer
Explorer
We overloaded our generator and while the genny was running, nothing was working. Simply hit the reset and everything worked- except the fridge & furnace. Found a blown fuse, replaced it and the furnace worked fine. Unfortunately the fridge still isn't working. Unplugged it for awhile, hoping it would start once plugged in again, but nothing. It won't turn on at all, so I can't even pick LP mode let alone electric. Any suggestions as to what I should try or look for next? THanks in advance!
14 REPLIES 14

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also check the truth of the AC breaker labelling. ๐Ÿ˜ž
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you relabel the fuse as "Fridge" if not .. Do so.

one thing I love about the Progressive Dynamics fuse panel in my Rig.
It's Blown LED's
So when one blows the LED glows.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the update!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Cougargm
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Turns out a fuse on the panel was mislabeled as a spare! The label said the fridge & furnace were on the same fuse. We got the furnace working but no fridge. Before tackling the black box, etc., we decided to check the other fuses and the one for the fridge had been labeled as a spare. Easy fix and problem solved. Thanks again.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
It's a BATTERY DC ISSUE. Meaning anywhere from the battery to and through the control board.UNPLUG FOR SAFETY. Then go outside to the access panel and check 12 volt wire going into refrigerator. Does it have power?

Correct. 120 volts has NOTHING to do with operation of the refer control panel. From your description, you had a POWER surge from the Genset and the higher voltage caused the Power Converter to surge the 12 volt output and blew some fuses. Odds are the blown fuse is on the Norcold rear control board behind that black box. Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Look closer for model number.
Does it have a circuit board in the outside access?
Does the interior display light up?
How is the unit changed from gas to electric, Knob or switch?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It's a BATTERY DC ISSUE. Meaning anywhere from the battery to and through the control board.UNPLUG FOR SAFETY. Then go outside to the access panel and check 12 volt wire going into refrigerator. Does it have power?

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you have found and reset the GFI's get a meter and see if you are getting power to the 120v outlet the frig is plugged into. Lets say you have power at the outlet.

You will need to take off the black cover from the control board for the frig. It should be located on the back side of the frig, but you can get to it through the outside access panel. The control panel will have two fuses one being a long one and the other a push in type. Sorry I do not know the correct name for the two types of fuses. Check them make sure they are both good. You did not say if you reset the breaker for the frig on the breaker panel. You may want to check that, turn it off then back on. Good Luck
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK I'm fgoing thru the same issue on my N821 Norcold (2016) w/o a power surge tho. If it is like mine there are two circuit boards, one on the front of the fridge thaqt has the display and switches called the eyebrow panel. And one in the outside access area in a black plastic box. That one has two fuses and if you are lucky one of those is blown. So check that out first thing.

I still have not fixed mine, after possibly eliminating all else it seemed to be the eyebrow panel but I ordered one from Amazon and it does not fix the fridge. Some I'm still stumped. That was $160 but is returnable.

There are other possibilities so let us know if it is not the fuses.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we had a second gfci in an exterior storage compartment in a previous MH. check again.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Cougargm
Explorer
Explorer
I only found one GFI in the RV and that was in the bathroom. Reset that but it didn't help.

Vw_triker
Explorer
Explorer
Reset gfi's maybe?

Cougargm
Explorer
Explorer
It's a Norcold. The Class C is 15 yrs old and I believe the fridge is as well. (not original owner). I haven't checked the voltage but it won't power on at all, as I can't even select LP or AC for the mode.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Make and model of the fridge might help us help you better. Are you getting 12 volts at the fridge?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate