Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magnum MS2812 'Absorb Done' settings

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I've my replacement X's 4 Lifeline L16's installed in the coach.

Lifeline has been just top notch to work with during this adventure. And are doing sort of a post mortem on my old bank - expect to find I heavily sulfated them. Regardless, good not have worked with a business that cares more about helping a customer. Helping learn what they can do better the next time around. As well as helping me on the replacement of the slightly out of warranty bank. Salute!!

Recapping on my previous battery bank. I'd lived off of SOC the full time I had the bank. Using the MS2812's Efficiency Setting of 'Auto'. With periodic 'reset' when I knew the battery bank was fully recharged (Well should say 'thought' the bank was fully charged.)

It's been suggested to me in various threads, that using SOC may not be the best way to determine when the battery bank is fully charged. It's one of the tools in the tool box, but should be used/crossed referenced with other measurements too.

--------------=============

My question. The MS2812 Control Panel has 'Absorb Done' settings of SOC, Time or Amps.

I'd changed this setting to Time of 3 Hrs about three weeks ago. But with the new bank, I'm reviewing all settings again.

Since Lifeline's Tech Manual indicates my battery bank will be Fully Charged when Ending Amps reach 4 Amps (800AH's X .05%) - I'm wondering why not setting the 'Absorb Done' to Amps and a value of 4 Amps is not a better way to go then Time?

Would appreciate any opinions or input on this...

Also, as info, below are some of my other related charge settings.

Best to all,
Smitty

(MS2812; BMK Meter; SBC; AGS; Temp Sensor. Solar 1200W 48V; MidNite Classic150 Controller; WhzBngJr; Temp Sensor (After going thru a re-review of the Magnum settings. I'll walk thru the Classic's again too.) All feeding the care of 800AH House and X's 1 Lifelike 8D Chassis.)

Other Charger Settings, as of now:
-Absorb = 14.4V
-Float = 13.4V
-Equalize = 15.4V
-Max Charge = 100%
-Absorb Done = 3Hrs (Time) (May change to Amps = 4A)
-Max Charge Time = 12 Hrs
-Final Charge = Multi
-Charge Efficiency = 92% (For the first few charges of this bank. Once a few cycles of discharge/full recharge are complete - will set to 'Auto')
-SOC Reset (Plan to Reset Quarterly, once I've confirmed Full Charge vs Voltage Readings. This will be a rested non load battery reading with my multi meter.)
15 REPLIES 15

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I did not worry about amperage. I did reset voltage to the middle of what the surplus acid telecom jars recommend. I do have the temperature compensation probe and two nights ago voltage got to 15.5 due to cold weather.

Occasionally, when the battery bank was "hungry" I've had to limit charge amperage to 108.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.