cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

White piece of plastic came off slide out - need help

Iceman31
Explorer
Explorer
When I opened up my FW at my seasonal site tonight a big long white plastic piece with holes came out on the under side of the main slide out. Looks like it was fastened at two ends by screws. How should I go about putting this plastic piece back - where does it go? I just noticed it hanging below my slide out when I went outside. My unit is a 2013 Sabre 34TBOK. My slide only opens in the spring and closes in the fall. Anyone know how to fix this?
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Express Night Edition
2018 Venture RV Sporttrek 343VIK
2017 Hyundai Tuscon SE AWD
2016 Hyundai Sonata Limited
2014 Chevrolet Camaro LS1
2004 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
2011 Crestliner Superhawk c/w 115HP Mercury
2012 Honda CBR250
2 REPLIES 2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Most Nylon Glide strips have multiple holes because just having 2 screws on each end will not hold it in place. IF you have the multiple holes, make sure you install a screw in each hole. If you do NOT have multiple holes, I would drill and countersink a hole every 12 inches to install additional screws. IF you have multiple holes and they only used the 2 end screws, that is why it failed. Doug

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It goes under the slide at the edge of the wall and the entire s/o "slides" over it as it travels in and out. This type doesn't usually have rollers, just that slippery white guide.
Without it you will tear up the bottom of the slide. It was probably broken the same way mine was, by stepping on the unsupported floor of the slide while it was in.
The slide will have to be lifted or even removed to screw the piece back in. Mine wasn't that bad, just cracked, so I installed rollers to help support the slide. A much better system.
I'd post a pic but Photobucket lost all those images.