cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After market tow mirrors

txredfish1
Explorer
Explorer
Those of you that tow with a 2014 F150, what after market tow mirrors that slide over the factory mirror do you use. I was thinking about CIPA or K source. I saw some mirrors at Walmart that clip on and has straps that go around the factory mirror. Or will tow mirrors be needed. The factory driver mirror has a small mirror in the corner that lets me see pretty wide. Would this be OK? If this works, how about a small corner mirror for the passenger side? I am not sure what I need or what is the best after market slide on mirror.
25 REPLIES 25

Heiny57
Explorer
Explorer
CIPA here also

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
Another satisfied CIPA user here on my Suburban.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
I have had good luck with CIPA towing mirrors as well.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the CIPA on both a 2007 Chevy and a 2011 GMC. Both were rock solid. I never remove them and they look like they came with the truck.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
When we had a 150 we had the cipa mirrors. They fit like a glove, never moved and looked like they came with the truck. Use to forget to removed them half the time.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
SilverEscape wrote:
We are towing right now with our 2014 F-150 and tow mirrors so I took a pic out my passenger window for you.

We have the folding power mirrors and my hubby says they are not enough for lane changes and seeing further back on the trailer. We opted not to get the tow mirrors from Ford as they are huge and create blind spots so we don't want something like that on full-time.

The mirrors we have are the Milenco Aero 2 mirrors. They also make a larger set that look more truck like (called the Grand Aero I think) but my husband finds that these are less obtrusive and give him just what he needs to see without being more blind spot prone.

They stay on very well, don't scratch and fold in with the power mirrors.

I have the Grand Aero (sorry, dont have a pic) but they are very similar to the Aero 2 as far as how they attach, but the actual mirror is much larger and square, basically the same size as the factory mirror, so picture 2 factory mirrors side by side. work really well in wind and heavy ran, slight vibration but held up very well. i only got them for peace of mine when changing lanes, and im happy with them.
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH

wif
Explorer
Explorer
seaeagle2 wrote:
I tow with a 2010 F150. Personally, I've never liked the slip on type mirrors, too much vibration, etc. I went with these, aa1auto replacement mirrors I had the regular power only mirrors. The first picture is when I got my truck home (I got it used).
The second picture shows light bar with fog and driving lights, step bars and tow mirrors.
. The turn signals and puddle lights were plug and play. The heated mirror option wouldn't have worked with my truck except I got a used climate control module off of ebay that had a heated mirror button so now heated mirror function works too. The mirrors are rock steady and have a huge lower portion that is the curved mirror, and the mirrors extend out if needed.

I went with these also. Fortunately my truck had the heated rear window, so the mirror heaters worked even though the OEM's didn't have heat. Highly recommend these mirrors. Had them for two years now and they look as good and work as good as any OEM's I've seen. Absolutely no blind spots, either - with or without the trailer.
Doug & Trish
Scooter the camping cat
2011 Ford F150 5.0 SCAB
2009 R-Vision TS21RBH
Honda EU2000i

SilverEscape
Explorer
Explorer
We are towing right now with our 2014 F-150 and tow mirrors so I took a pic out my passenger window for you.

We have the folding power mirrors and my hubby says they are not enough for lane changes and seeing further back on the trailer. We opted not to get the tow mirrors from Ford as they are huge and create blind spots so we don't want something like that on full-time.

The mirrors we have are the Milenco Aero 2 mirrors. They also make a larger set that look more truck like (called the Grand Aero I think) but my husband finds that these are less obtrusive and give him just what he needs to see without being more blind spot prone.

They stay on very well, don't scratch and fold in with the power mirrors.
2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Satisfied CIPA user here.
The factory mirrors are 8' 1" wide, so if you have an 8' wide trailer you'll need wider mirrors.
I had a set of McKesh mirrors but they didn't look nice at all on the new TV.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the K source on my F150 and have not had any problems with them. Daytime, nighttime, heavy rain they have been fine. They look good also and that is what sold me on them. That and the fact they are a lot cheaper than swapping out the factory mirrors.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
I tow with a 2010 F150. Personally, I've never liked the slip on type mirrors, too much vibration, etc. I went with these, aa1auto replacement mirrors I had the regular power only mirrors. The first picture is when I got my truck home (I got it used).
The second picture shows light bar with fog and driving lights, step bars and tow mirrors.
. The turn signals and puddle lights were plug and play. The heated mirror option wouldn't have worked with my truck except I got a used climate control module off of ebay that had a heated mirror button so now heated mirror function works too. The mirrors are rock steady and have a huge lower portion that is the curved mirror, and the mirrors extend out if needed.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson