cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much off MSRP on a 2017?

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Found a new unsold 2017 F250 6.2 Scab 4x4 for sale near me. It's marked down with the typical $3,000 in dealer discount and a couple rebates.
I was thinking way more should be discounted. $8-10K would seem about right. The window sticker has a date on the bottom of 4-13-2017. Which means it's a year old. Not sure if that date is the build date though.
21 REPLIES 21

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Used retail on my '15 F350 CC is around 43K. Dealer trade is 35-36K. One dealer offered me 32K. Guess dealers need the money more than I do. I'll keep what I got, cuz IF I traded, they would mark it right up to 43K and have steak & shrimp for dinner that night while I'm eating a Happy Meal.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Offer them something well within your budget and see how they react. If they come back with a high counter keep working them until a price you can both live with is agreed on. If they don't want to barter vote with your feet.

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
Since I like spending other people's money, is the Supercab a must, and long bed or short bed?

Here's my current favorite (other side of the country), but look for something setup like this one in your area. Is this thing cool or what? :C ~ $39K advertised.
2017 XL Crew 4WD STX and more
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I've usually bought my trucks during deep discount periods. Haven't had to deal on a leftover yet. This one is an XL with some options like power, value and decor packages along with the cloth seat. Nothing fancy but doable. Not as much room to bargain as with a Lariat is my guess.

That Weizer Id F250 is spot on. Thanks.

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a sure enough early 2017 (11-7-2016) located at The Dalles, OR. Of course, they're not showing any discount, but for a Supercab, 6.2L, it sure is loaded up. Ford seems to hold their cards close on last year discounts. 10-12K on leftover Rams seems to be doable, I'd guess Ford ought to be close.
2017 F-250 Supercab 6.2L Lariat

Have you checked out an XL with STX package etc.? Sure makes a nice tow rig for the money.

Edit: poking around a little, dealer in Weiser, ID advertising $ 10K off a 2017 long bed XLT supercab, 6.2L ~ $36K
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:
Found a new unsold 2017 F250 6.2 Scab 4x4 for sale near me. It's marked down with the typical $3,000 in dealer discount and a couple rebates.
I was thinking way more should be discounted. $8-10K would seem about right. The window sticker has a date on the bottom of 4-13-2017. Which means it's a year old. Not sure if that date is the build date though.

10-11K on left over RAMs is fairly common. In Sept 2015 we bought a left over 2015 as the 2016 were on the lots. We got couple buck more that 11K off. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
A friend of mine recently bought a F150 with similar date. The dealer sold it to him as a certified used vehicle, at that pricing. My advice is to put all the options into NADA guide as a certified used vehicle, not a new, and see how it comes out. Also get a price on Edmunds.com. It may not depreciate as much as you think since it's a F250.

A lot of times a vehicle like that hasn't sold because it's an odd color for the area, or is missing some option a lot of people want. Check the sticker and package details carefully. My friends had a tow package but did not have the brake controller, which is pretty lame.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board