cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 1052

jerryleejr
Explorer
Explorer
Ok figured I'd start, info pics, price etc... Really excited about this one....

JJ
13 REPLIES 13

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
like it but again Lance why the small grey tank???

27 gal?? deal breaker!
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

Moose10
Explorer
Explorer
The pictures on the Lance website even show it with dually swingout brackets on the front jacks...
Looks like a lot of camper on only two rear tires to me...I'd be constantly thinking about a blowout if I were driving the setup in those pictures.
2001.5 Ram 3500 4x4 QC Sport ETH/DEE
on Vision Hauler 19.5's
'06 Arctic Fox 1150
'09 Nissan Murano S
'14 Ford F-150 FX4
'03 Polaris 700RMK VE, MBRP can
'04 Polaris 600RMK VE
'04 & '05 Suzuki Eiger 400's

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
brholt wrote:
travelnutz wrote:

The 1052 can be carried on a 3500 HD SRW truck safely and that's what Lance also recommends as a min. The COG is 48" and the heavy builtin items, 45 gallon FW tank, and about all storage areas inside the TC are forward of the DW COG point which is directly above the truck's rear wheels and that's an excellent design. That means most loaded cargo/liquid will share it's weight on the truck's front axles also instead of so much being behind thhe rear axle adding so much on the rear axle/tires.

This allows the NEW porch/storage optional bumper's 149 lbs to have minimal effect on the COG of the 3400+ lb TC. Common sense needs to be used in loading weighty items in the NEW porch/storage bumper if carried on a 3500 SRW truck even if the NEW bumper is rated for 600 lbs carrying capacity. No problem if on a 3500 DRW truck though!

The Lance 1191 model is a large TC and allows access to everything needed to be used with a slide in but it requires a 3500 DRW truck min which many truck/TC owners do NOT want. Perhaps, unless their truck is dedicated for the TC on only use and is what we feel also and hear constantly from fellow TC'ers. DRW's can be a REAL PIA around town etc as we know having

This really requires a DRW vehicle. From the TCM article: "The 2014 Lance 1052 is a hard-side, dry bath, double-slide truck camper for long bed trucks. The interior floor length of the Lance 1052 is 10'11โ€ and the interior height is 6'9". Lance is reporting the dry weight of the Lance 1052 at 3,420 pounds without options and 3,987 pounds with standard build features; Ultra Deck Plus bumper, air conditioner, generator, convenience package, awning package, four season package, and roof rack."

At 4,000 lb dry weight before adding batteries, water, propane and stuff pushes it pretty firmly into DRW territory. Technically, if you had one battery, 10 lbs of propane, no water and no stuff you might be able to make it on a SRW but that is not really using a truck camper as a truck camper.

I agree. Most people will buy this camper with most options. Fully loaded and wet it will pushing close to 5000 lbs. Nowhere near SRW territory. But Lance will probably recommend it for a 3/4 ton truck.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
travelnutz wrote:

The 1052 can be carried on a 3500 HD SRW truck safely and that's what Lance also recommends as a min. The COG is 48" and the heavy builtin items, 45 gallon FW tank, and about all storage areas inside the TC are forward of the DW COG point which is directly above the truck's rear wheels and that's an excellent design. That means most loaded cargo/liquid will share it's weight on the truck's front axles also instead of so much being behind thhe rear axle adding so much on the rear axle/tires.

This allows the NEW porch/storage optional bumper's 149 lbs to have minimal effect on the COG of the 3400+ lb TC. Common sense needs to be used in loading weighty items in the NEW porch/storage bumper if carried on a 3500 SRW truck even if the NEW bumper is rated for 600 lbs carrying capacity. No problem if on a 3500 DRW truck though!

The Lance 1191 model is a large TC and allows access to everything needed to be used with a slide in but it requires a 3500 DRW truck min which many truck/TC owners do NOT want. Perhaps, unless their truck is dedicated for the TC on only use and is what we feel also and hear constantly from fellow TC'ers. DRW's can be a REAL PIA around town etc as we know having

This really requires a DRW vehicle. From the TCM article: "The 2014 Lance 1052 is a hard-side, dry bath, double-slide truck camper for long bed trucks. The interior floor length of the Lance 1052 is 10'11โ€ and the interior height is 6'9". Lance is reporting the dry weight of the Lance 1052 at 3,420 pounds without options and 3,987 pounds with standard build features; Ultra Deck Plus bumper, air conditioner, generator, convenience package, awning package, four season package, and roof rack."

At 4,000 lb dry weight before adding batteries, water, propane and stuff pushes it pretty firmly into DRW territory. Technically, if you had one battery, 10 lbs of propane, no water and no stuff you might be able to make it on a SRW but that is not really using a truck camper as a truck camper.

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
I really like the 1052 and the rear bumper. Would be interesting to see the operation of the rear bumper when pulling a trailer. As I NEVER unhook the trailer when we go camping and riding. I just like to park and hit the slide out button for camping. The Fox landing looks better for use when hooked to a trailer.

1052 would be great for my dually when pulling 8K of trailer. Should keep me in GVW and Axle specs better than my AF 1150.
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
The few inches the slide has to go out to access the bathroom is so your legs can go past the dinette seat and back that comes close to the bathroom wall when the slide is in is not in our happy column but is doable. It's not that big of a problem to move it the few inches necessary but of course, I'd rather it didn't have to be moved at all. "Wishful thinking"

Shortening the seat and back of the rear dinette area maybe 8" would allow access without moving the slide perhaps. Have to actually look at it to be sure.

The Lance 1191 model is a large TC and allows access to everything needed to be used with a slide in but it requires a 3500 DRW truck min which many truck/TC owners do NOT want. Perhaps, unless their truck is dedicated for the TC on only use and is what we feel also and hear constantly from fellow TC'ers. DRW's can be a REAL PIA around town etc as we know having had several.

BTW, somebody wasn't listening when they played the NEW bumper video because it was stated loud and clear that the NEW optional bumper could be mounted on other Lance TC models also!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

rabcon
Explorer II
Explorer II
TCM: Can you access the bathroom with the slide-outs in?

Gary: No, but you can put the dinette slide out a few inches to access the bathroom.

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
One of our priorities is access with slides in or out.

I may have missed it, but I saw no mention of access with slides in.

The floor plan looks like the notch in the small slide floor is shaped to fit close to the larger slide floor.
Joe and Evelyn

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Disclaimer- we have a Lance TC (2012 855S)

If we were looking for a truck camper today, we would also be walking through similar campers from Arctic Fox and Eagle Cap.

Compare all the TC companies and their products.

Just sayin'.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

Bedlam
They will need to change their advertising. Host RV makes a dual and triple slide with dry bath that is shorter than this Lance.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
I like except for the rear bumper.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
Here
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

Explorer
Explorer
Well lets get'er done. Where are the pics?
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.