new tow vehicle

Explorer III

Re: new tow vehicle

blofgren wrote:
I would suggest doing some reading on some Ram/Cummins forums. As much as some people have had some issues, the vast majority of owners of the 4th generation Rams are very satisfied with their trucks. The current Ram is a completely different animal than your current truck; I think you would be surprised! In the past I always felt the Ram was lacking compared to the Ford but that is certainly not the case anymore.

One major point that pushed me to the Ram was the difference in engine complexity. A look under the hood of the Ram vs the Ford is a real eye opener. I plan on keeping my truck for a very long time so long term reliability and repair costs were very important to me.

Good luck on your purchase!

If you look under the hood of the OP 5.9 truck and compare it to your 6.7 truck you would be startled and don't forget that exhaust system on your truck too. There's so many more opportunities for failure on your truck. Good luck with that long term ownership and be sure to budget a new DPF sometime along the way. Most here will not work on their emission compliant diesel so why don't you post what most will do with their diesel truck and that is to service it. I would suggest anyone considering a new ram look what's required to remove an oil filter, or change those fuel filters compared to a GM or Ford diesel.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"