cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you think of this new style trailer?

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty cool concept for an expandable trailer
Expanding Trailer

I gotta think it'd be hard to find a site that would fit the width of it when opened up unless you're just boondocking somewhere
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'
22 REPLIES 22

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to see the side walls unfold and then have walls fold up from there to make a triple wide hard sided trailer.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
I don't see why they couldn't take that concept and make it a hard side with a roof that is sections of aluminum.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OBN9Qilu8Y

You may think you hate it now but wait until you drive it ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
I think it has been posted about enough - this is at least the third time
I've seen it.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I think you're gonna' have to rent 3 campsites.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got some news for some of ya. If a bear really wants in your hard side trailer, he's coming in. Happens often enough.

I agree with the biggest downside being encroachment into a neighbors campsite. You'd have to choose your campsites accordingly. Around here, it's not so much an issue. I bet when I start branching out further, I'll start to see it.

Still, it looks neat

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I wouldn't want a soft trailer like this, but I liked the modern kitchen. All of the trailers I see have traditional, warm wood interiors. They look nice, and they are probably better for resale, but it would be nice to see some trailers with modern interiors to compare.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
We camp around the critters, a hard side feels a lot safer but we see plenty of pop ups. Up there the clearings can handle multiple RV's, so we always have lots of room and this would be nice for week or two. Those sides would make stopping at a Walmart interesting. lol
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Many times we have to place our fifth wheel just in the right spot so we don't have any slideout interference. I don't camp in to many places that I could open those sides at all. Think I will keep my Fifth wheel.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Army11Bravo
Explorer II
Explorer II
atreis wrote:
Bears: Yeah, yeah.... How often do you camp places where that's actually an issue? (Some people do, but most don't.)

My camping trips involve the possibility of a black bear or grizzly bear 90% of the time. Plus mountain lions, elk and moose.

It's a reality when you live in Northwest Montana just outside Glacier National Park. It's why we keep a can of bear spray on our picnic table.

Thankfully we don't have snakes and very few mosquitoes.
Army 11 Bravo - Gulf War Veteran
Wife, Two Teen Boys, Hound Dog (Daisy) & Beagles (Lily & Bailey)
2014 Springdale 267SRTWE Bunkhouse Travel Trailer
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I am a reluctant hybrid owner. Do not like them but own one due to need for lots of space in a light package. Would never want a tip out on drivers side as you may be in your neighbors camp site.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Worse than a PUP: It seems to assume that the ground you're camping on is completely flat. That's true some places here in Indiana, but I tend to not go to those places.

Bears: Yeah, yeah.... How often do you camp places where that's actually an issue? (Some people do, but most don't.)
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
What's with the bears all the time, 95%of people goto campgrounds. The bears are going to go after people in tents first....
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
To me it is simply a large PUP. Fine if you have a country lot. Not to practical in a campground.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.