DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Sealing cargo doors? Need ideas FAST!

I need some advice. We are converting a popup into a 8 place canoe trailer with cargo storage in the box section and need some ideas of how to seal the top hinged plywood doors?We build a frame of 4x4 and 2x4 inside the box, making 4 large storage ar...

Hinge of flip-up TV door

We are considering a piano hinge on an upward opening cabinet door. We like the idea of mounting our new flat TV on this door and using a piano hinge. Having never used piano hinges, we have been doing internet research. We would like the door to ...

Battery Question?

I'm getting ready to start a campervan build and was thinking about the house battery(s) flooded or AGMI've never used the AGM kind before.So what do you guys think?

Darrah by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to find replacement mattress?

Hello, I scanned previous responses to this question and didn't quite find what I was looking for.I'd like to replace our 5th wheel mattress. Pretty sure it's a shortened queen. Do RV mattress dealers exist that specialize in odd sizes or do I nee...

CMunrock by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

painting lp tank cover?

Hi all, I'm new here, I have gotten a ton of information from you guys, seems like I am looking through the forums weekly for something or other. I searched the forums and didn't find this covered.I just ordered a new plastic propane tank cover. The ...

Air Up - Air Down Manifold

I actually made this to use on our van when we go surf fishing - we have to take the tires from 70 psi down to 20 psi for traction in the sand, then bring them back up to 70 when it is time to go home - but it also makes short work of airing up the t...

Inverter installed

I put a KISAE SW1210 Pure Sine Wave, 1000 watt inverter in our Wolf Creek 850 Truck camper.It's mounted to a piece of 3/4 inch MDF that's over-layed with a piece of powder coated grey sheet metal (scrap from a standing-seam metal roof on a S&B). The ...

RV modifications

I found this website thru Pinterest.....the guy has some good ideas!! Maybe some of you will find something useful. CLICKY

Bed liner roof

So i'm thinking of using a bedliner to redo my rubber roof. there is a lot of info but all in different places. Here are the options I have:Rhino Lines and LineX: Both good options, but over $4K, so no-noHerculiner: Used by several people. Good re...

map40 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Top ten RV improvements

I love to tinker and improve, so I got to thinking about a list of which changes were best. I'm not talking about replacing tires, batteries, or any other repairs or maintenance. Just improvements and how useful they have been to me. This is my to...

Replacing 1156 bulbs with 6x8 LED panels

I recently decided to replace all the 1156 bulbs in my camper with LED lighting.I looked at the barrel type but settled on these 6x8 panels mostly due to price.These are 6000K and provide a bright white light.. other 'colors' are available.I purchase...

Bump stops for under slung conversion

On my prior trailer I took some 4*6 blocks, drilled out where the bolts nuts go and strapped them to the tops of the spring packs to limit the spring inflection/inversion...I'd like to go with one thing like the stuff from energy suspension this time...