cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water heater operation question

TruckinRazor
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Eclipse Attitude 32IBG, We used the trailer once so far. We set up camp at a RV resort with Water and Electric hook ups. We tested the water heater by pressing the button once and some time later tried the water out of the hot side and it was so hot it almost burned my hand. So I thought ok it works. The next time I tried to use it I pressed the button and waited some time 10 minutes and the water was only luke warm.I thought ok doesn't work now...great. I then forgot about it until the next day. I tried again and same result. When I press the button the light stays on about a minute then it would go out.Since the resort had showers i decided to worry about it when i got home.
Does anyone know if the light is supposed to stay on while the heater is on?
Any indication as to if it's on Propane or Electric?
18 REPLIES 18

TruckinRazor
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
What BRAND & MODEL?

Typically it takes 20 mins to heat the water.
T-stats control when to heat the water
On some the light comes on at first until propane lights....some the light only comes on when a fault occurs

Better info with BRAND & MODEL

I'm not sure the brand or model I'm going to the storage unit monday and will find out, the next week I'm using the trailer and won't be able to "test" the heater until I get water in it. Which will be about 39 miles from camp and about 200 miles from any RV dealer..lol

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
What BRAND & MODEL?

Typically it takes 20 mins to heat the water.
T-stats control when to heat the water
On some the light comes on at first until propane lights....some the light only comes on when a fault occurs

Better info with BRAND & MODEL
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure propane is on also unless your using electric to make hot water, in that case you dont use the propane switch on the wall.

How do you have it setup, propane or electric?
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
The light should go out after a few seconds. If it stays on that indicate a fault. It's takes longer than 10 minutes to heat the water in the tank. Generally we leave the switch on from the time we setup until the time we pack up. It sounds like yours is working just fine.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad