cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Coachman Lepracan coach battery?

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
On our last camping trip the coach twin 12 volt deep cycle batteries just died. I installed 2 new ones today but no power, lights or reading of the moniter guaves. I cranked the Motor, then the generator cranked, and all work just fine, I turned the ignition off, no problem, cut the generator off and lights all died, no voltage anywhere
Sounds like a breaker or fuse somewhere.
Any ideas???
Jamie in Alabamag
25 REPLIES 25

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, its right by the door. I leave it on when camping and turn it off when not. Tomorrow i’ll go out and cleanoff all the brown spray rust repellent the factory must have sprayed on all the metal in the battery box and beside it. Should be plenty of clean connector touching the battery thou. I may trace the red lead under the coach and see where the 12 volt DC coach battery comes into the cab.
Thanks for everyones input
Jamie

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Is your battery disconnect switch turned on?
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
Also my fuses are in the same breaker panel together. Guess i’ll pull the positive & negative leads and check for resistance tomorrow

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
Checked all my fuses and breakers, all good. Everything works fine with the generator running, but still no 12 volt operation. Both batteries reading 12 plus volts. There were 2 small 5 amp fuses in the small compartmaent next to the battery box( in the steps) but both 5 amps checked good as well. Its a 2015 coach and this has got me stumped.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ground off my coach batteries was not making contact due to corrosion. Where the ground made contact to the frame.

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, that explains that. I’ll be checking fuses and breakers today.
Thanks

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
When you started the engine, the house was operating off the starting battery, once genset was running, the converter took over.
-- Chris Bryant

jstrong499
Explorer
Explorer
Drems strange that when i cranked the coach up that the batteries came online, or seemd to, because the generator spun like they normally would with good batteries?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like battery disconnect is not on. Cycle system to off then back on.
Next would be a fuse adjacent to the coach batteries.
Battery fuse in the 12 volt DC panel

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
That happened at work to a new kid just out of tradeschool. He left the plastic cap on the positive post of the battery when he attached the cable.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Breakers are the first to check. Then fuses and then clean, strong battery connections.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad