cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to clean Fantastic Vent

Mody_n_Domy
Explorer
Explorer
Our Fantastic Vent in the kitchen gets used quite a bit and I have taken the screen off and used Clorox wipes to clean off the blades and that works well. The problem is its impossible to get all the grime out and I cant see a way to take the blade off unless I use a pair of small snap ring pliers. If any of you have any tips or tricks it would help us all.
2008 Damon Challenger 378 on Workhorse chassis, 2008 HHR panel toad.
9 REPLIES 9

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The biggest issue I see with cleaning the fan blades is height.. Most folks are just too short, so a short "Step box" may help big time.

Or a 2-step "ladder" or step stool.

(I have all the above, but at 6'2.5" (Measured earlier this week) with my shoes on I don't need 'em) (I'm shrinking, last time I was measured, oh, about 2000, I was 6'3")

I keep thinking of the pop off screen, but screwdrivers are no problem for me, and it's electric so I do not even have to "Screw around" with it, it screws itself as it were.

(I like discussions on threaded components)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

TexasH
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has the Pop N Lock screen for $10.49. Here's the LINK
2002 Southwind 37U Ford F53 - V10
2007 Jeep Liberty Toad

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I get tired of trying to clean ours so I'm working on a paper filter intake cover. I have a remote control so no need to get to the manual controls. In any case it is a snap to open it up and drop the paper filter out.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

codelld
Explorer
Explorer
The website referenced earlier shows how to remove the fan from above. What I have done is to cut the two wires to the fan and added quick connect spade lugs. If you were to get a replacement motor assembly from Fantastic they would include the lugs as part of the replacement. With the whole assembly removed clearing is easy.
Dennis Codella
'07 HR Endeavor 40PDQ

Mody_n_Domy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dancin didn't think to check out there web sight.
2008 Damon Challenger 378 on Workhorse chassis, 2008 HHR panel toad.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
And replace those factory screwed on screens with a factory pop-off screen.......so much easier.

Come in two colors........white and off-white

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed link from Dan's msg above... the URL and click text were reversed.

He's right... good info.

cleaning
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Their website has good instructions.

http://www.fantasticvent.com/faq/knowledge_base/how_to_clean/how_to_clean.html
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is pressed on "or mine is" It never seems to fix tight once off. You could try to clean with a spray. I use simple green, but as you have discovered what you see from the bottom is different from the top of the roof.