cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago view 23H Sleeping Question

woodchuck1
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a way to sleep side by side with my wife, or would one be in the over cab bed and one in the dining area or sofa fold out? How do most people handle sleeping accommodations. We're used to a queen bed in a small 5th wheel. Thanks for the help.
Peter & Pat
Minnesota
Chevy Duramax, Arctic Fox 23-5A
8 REPLIES 8

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
We both sleep in the rear corner bed.

Your best bet is to try one out before taking the plunge if you're worried. Maybe you can find a rental with similar layout. We tried the corner bed in my brother's RV before taking the plunge.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
One other thing to consider about sleeping arrangements is when do you go to bed and get up. If you both go to bed and get up at the same time, then a murphy bed or couch/bed in the main living area is fine. If one person has a different time schedule, then it can be a problem. I always get up early to walk the dog, and my DW likes to sleep later, so a bed in the back is the best setup for us.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

woodchuck1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the feedback.
Peter & Pat
Minnesota
Chevy Duramax, Arctic Fox 23-5A

fortytwo
Explorer
Explorer
We made our dinette into a couch by putting long round (about 1 ftdiameter) along the wall and adding a 2 inch memory foam pad on top of the dinette cushions. It's a bed for one though. I made a bedroll of a 2 inch memory foam pad, a couple of sheets, and a blanket for the couch. Stored it in the cabover. Some have used a small pool noodle to smooth out the crack in the extended couch.

Camping world, and others sell a folding table that stores neatly behind the couch. Name on it is "Lifetime".
Wes
"A beach house isn't just real estate. It's a state of mind." Pole Sitter in Douglas Adams MOSTLY HARMLESS

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
woodchuck1 wrote:
Is there a way to sleep side by side with my wife, or would one be in the over cab bed and one in the dining area or sofa fold out? How do most people handle sleeping accommodations. We're used to a queen bed in a small 5th wheel. Thanks for the help.
You'll just have to try for a fit when you're shopping for a new RV.

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
I call mine the upstairs bedroom. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
john 'I am Canadian'

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
DW has some back problems so she takes the dining area and I use either the crow's nest or the fold-down couch depending on the ambient temperature.

We have used both the dining area and the fold-down together on occasion. Minimal room either case as we have a CA King at home. The fold-down has the hinge area and can be uncomfortable. Getting down from the crow's nest with bare feet not warmed up with circulation is a little bit uncomfortable.

DW won't sleep in the crow's nest for any reason.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
The usual issue with 2 people in the cabover bed is middle of the night bathroom visits. If the person on the inside has to get up, they have to climb over the other to get down from the bed. Sharing the sofa or dinette would face the same issue but you wouldn't also have to climb down from a high place.

As for actual comfort sharing a smaller bed, I'd suggest putting pillows along one edge of your regular bed and seeing how comfortable you are in the smaller space left - do it for a stretch of nights corresponding to your average trip length. Every couple will be different regarding space needed for sleep.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)