cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crops starting to come in.....

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The month of May was berry picking and now it is time for the apricots. In addition to eating my weight in the fresh fruit, I figured it would be wise to put some up for later. This is my apricot-pineapple jam.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk
13 REPLIES 13

swtgran
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful!
Swtgran
2007 Casita 17ft SD
2005 Toyota Tundra

eabc5454
Explorer
Explorer
We're vegetarians, so this is the best time of year for us! Today we got fresh peaches. Grilled peaches, peach pie, peach cobbler, peach muffins...here I go again.

Elizabeth
2014 Thor Motor Coach ACE 30.1 (The Mothership)
2013 Honda CR-V (The Pod)

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
eabc5454 wrote:
Tomatoes, corn, beans, squash and onions, salads, melons, okra, beets, radishes, sweet and hot peppers, grilled peaches, yummy!

Sounds like the dinner menu on "Hee Haw". :B
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

eabc5454
Explorer
Explorer
Your jam looks yummy, Super Dave. Please camp next to me next weekend. I will make biscuits if you bring the jam!

Summer meals are our favorite, too. Tomatoes, corn, beans, squash and onions, salads, melons, okra, beets, radishes, sweet and hot peppers, grilled peaches, yummy! We have tiny little tomatoes and peppers - they are slow this year, as we had a very late (May 20) frost.

It's summer, and the eating is good!
2014 Thor Motor Coach ACE 30.1 (The Mothership)
2013 Honda CR-V (The Pod)

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
crops coming in? we are still freezing here! lost all my tomatoes and peppers a couple of days ago :E
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
This time of year my mom would always make strawberry pineapple jam. Delicious. But nobody eats jam anymore, we're all counting calories! My dad used it to make PBJs- he could- he was skinny as a rail. Sadly he's been gone two years.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful!

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Love apricots when ripe not shipper's ripe.
Really love apricot preserves.
Looking forward to some fresh sweet corn not the GM white and yellow that we could only find last year.
Our tomatoes will be a while. Bound to be some Heirlooms, as they lump them all, now, coming from south Ga.
When they get here first summer supper of fresh corn, tomatoes, squash, okra, if some shows up, green onions, pinto beans, or some good ripe green beans, corn bread and whatever else we can crowd on the table. Invite all the family. ohhahah, ohhahha or however the tool man spells it.

usmohls2
Explorer
Explorer
The jam looks great! Do you dehydrate any of the apricots? If so, You can send a care package this way!

mrquacker
Explorer
Explorer
Looks yummy.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The Dunks wrote:
I am not a fan of fresh apricots BUT I am a huge fan of apricot jam! Looks delicious!

I can't eat a ripe apricot but can't stop when they are still a little green.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

crimmps49
Explorer
Explorer
Yummy--I love both fresh apricots and your jam looks superb! Wish we had that kind of fruits locally.

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
I am not a fan of fresh apricots BUT I am a huge fan of apricot jam! Looks delicious!
The Dunks - Terry and Steve
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust