cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2001 Dodge Roadtrek Rear Window Latch

randemar
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know how to remove the latch from the rear window glass?
6 REPLIES 6

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
I have scoured the internet with no luck. Roadtrek is currently out of business so no relief there.

A new owner emerged from the receivership, Rapido SAS, a French company that produces the Westfalia RVs. They have announced plans to reopen Roadtrek soon, but itโ€™s going to be a smaller operation with fewer employees. Not sure how knowledgeable the work force will be about the older Dodge models, but I think the latch may be similar to that used on more recent models. They are probably backlogged with inquiries that arose while they were in receivership, but you may eventually be able to get some info. Check the website.
2013 RT 190-Popular

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried https://www.azrvsalvage.com/

The Roadtrek website I linked to had onwer's manuals for your 2001 190 model. They're willing to build a new Roadtrek to your specs. They ought to be able to offer support. I'm sure the part is part of the Roadtrek package added to the barebones chassis Dodge provided.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

randemar
Explorer
Explorer
I have scoured the internet with no luck. Roadtrek is currently out of business so no relief there. I had the van in for service at a Dodge dealer and they said the part was no longer available. Here is Phoenix, the dealers and repair shops are back logged for 5 to 6 weeks. I found a semi retired RV mechanic to fix a water leak and he said he will have nothing to do with glass. I went to a van junk yard today and found a used latch. It appears the piece that connects the window to the latch body is held together buy some sort of pin. It does not want to be pushed out and I can't apply a lot of force because it is attached to the window. At this point I'm not sure if it is a Dodge dealer, Roadtrek dealer or a glass company issue. Very frustrating. Thanks for helping.

p.s. The philip screws are out. I screwed them into the door because there is a mounting place on the other side that would fall and disappear without being held in place.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
I was hoping another Roadtrek owner would jump in here with an answer for you. I've searched around without any luck. You can try contacting Roadtrek for some help/replacement or at least find a dealer near you: https://www.roadtrek.com/ You can download an owners manual there but there's noting on the window latches in it.

I'd try taking the phillips screws out to try to see more. I'm thinking you can unscrew the inside piece but can't figure out how you'd hold the outside piece while doing that. There's no sense taking the old on off till you can find a replacement. Then you'll be able to see how it's held together.
Don Ford
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles

randemar
Explorer
Explorer
Hinge is bad and disconnected from rear door after removing three screws. Not obvious how to disconnect it from rear window and afraid to exhibit to much force and break window.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Can you post a picture or two?
Don Ford