Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

not getting electrical power into motorhome

when I turn battery disconnect (main) on I do not hear the normal "click" that tells me I have ac current in the motorhome. Inverter signal "waiting for A/C". It does show batteries are fully charged but I only have 12 volt system operating and no el...

Itoham by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

What would you do??

Here is the situation. My friend wanted to downsize and be able to boondock camp so he went to a dealer and was sold a new Cardinal with a residential refrigerator, a 5K generator and 1-12v battery. He's going to pick it up in a week. I know there ar...

454 /water in Cylinder 7 and coming out of exhaust pipe

I really need some help. I purchased a 1990 Fleetwood Bounder 34' with a GMC 454 in Oct 2013. I bought in Denver and from there I headed down to Arizona were I was for about 1 month. I drove for maybe 700 mile then decided to head to Florida to get o...

SadMike by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Are LP indoor lamps still used?

Just thinking about ways to conserve battery reserve..... I was wondering if anyone still uses or retrofits LP indoor lamps in their RV? Seems like it might be a worthy addition but thought I'd get a more worldly perspective first. :B

KATOOM by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar wiring question

Looking to install solar on my prowler 24lz trailer. Watching and reading peoples installations it seems that the best thing is to install your charge controller near your battery and then wire directly to the battery. However on my trailer the best ...

Jonnygsx by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Hydraulic Front Landing Gear Issue

I just bought a 2007 Heartland Landmark Monticello and have an issue with the hydraulic front landing gear. As I push the "Extract" part of the switch the landing gear goes down, when I push the "Retract" part of the switch the landing gear goes dow...

slborba by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

heating electrically a "back yard" report

Hi,This is a test of a cold soaked RV, ambient temperature -31 C (-23.8 f) The test started at 2:00 but I had difficulty getting the cords "run". I'm plugged into one 30 amp and two 15 amp outlets. The inside of the RV started at -21 c (-5.8 f)--a te...

GM 7.4L TBI to Vortec Conversion

Has anybody attempted a TBI to Vortec conversion? When I bought my MH in 2004 I was told to buy a '96 or newer to get the Vortec but wasn't told to make sure the chassis was also the same year. I wound up with a '96 Pace Arrow with a '95 chassis and ...

Water Problems

I had low pressure in my 5er and removed the pressure regulator. The pressure increased and after about 4 hours I have only cold water in the kitchen faucet. I have lost all hot water and all water to the bathroom. I know I messed something up, but d...

johnep by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

generator choke problem

I have a generac NP52G in a 94 gulfstream class C. The electric choke was replaced and appears to function but the linkage to the float butterfly keeps slipping off or past the end of the choke linkage. The choke activates but won't pull the butter...

12volt lighting

help I have a 2007 sunnybrook tt and the lights inside front and outside lights are not working any ideas???

Refer amp useage

Can someone give me a ball park estimate as to how many amp hours a new energy efficient elec. only 12cf refer will use over night under normal summer conditions, say with 85 degree days?

Buffing and polishing???

I just got a Porter Cable 7346 6" polisher and it came bare... no cover or polishing materials. I only have the foam polishing pad and a sanding disc. What I know about using this thing for polishing could be put on the point of a pin! I know I need ...