Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

House batteries and alternator

Hi all, I need your help. When it comes to electrical issues, I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandalier.I have a '07 monaco and I was told that the house batteries should be charging from the alternator while I'm driving. Mine does not. Is the alt...

Can't get Shurflo pump to prime

Just got my rig back from the body shop. They had to empty and pull the fresh water tank to make repairs to the utility compartment and door. I filled the tank but cannot get water to flow. Pump is a 2088 and supposed to be self priming. Any ideas or...

HWH Jacks

I have a 2003 Adventure with HWH jacks, one of the rear jacks recedes some what over a period of a week. I'm looking for suggestion as what may be the problem. I see no Fluid leaks at any locations along the system.Stan

toy hauler /fuel tranfer pump

2012 keystone raptor 300mp. Unit has one fuel tank for generator, one fuel tank for atv/utv fuel storage. Problem is with fuel transfer nozzel/pump. Unit working fine during recent trip. pulled unit out to prep for another trip and found transfer pum...

ROBO by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Specific Gravity varied widely after topping up.

The other day I checked my 9 month old Crown batteries and found the plates exposed slightly on a few cells and cursed mightily. I hadn't checked them in about 3 months. I covered the cells with distilled water and charged them.The next day I got ...

Webasto/Aqua hot

If anyone is familiar with a Webasto diesel furnace, I have one that's acting up. It's the 45-50,000 BTU unit with the 287.962 12V silver control box. I have checked everything I know to check. The hi-limit switch has continuity, the spark sparks,...

Mounting solar on rubber roof

What's the best method in securing solar on a rubber roof trailer? This will be a flat install. Z-brackets are already ordered, but if there's something better...It is for my son-in-law's new toy hauler.Sal

Salvo by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

AGM batteries - are they better?

Upgrade to an AGM battery. You can safely mount them inside, and upside down, and they will out-perform any flooded battery you ever owned!Here's a quote from another thread. It's typical of others I've seen. I wonder if anyone here can convince me ...

Which Generator to Buy?

Initially thought 2000 would be my size but who knows, maybe i would want to run the AC on a rare occasion in the summer. usage would be for overnighting on the road as we never dry camp.I really do not like the increase in weight of the 2400 Yam. ...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to Buy That Generator

I was ready to punch the check out button on that 200i Companion on Wise sales and danged if i don't reside in IL. That raised the anty a smidge.ebay seems pretty well up there considering shipping.It is 1197.91 for me at Wise.Any suggestions for a ...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan generator shorted (110 side)

Hello everyone.My 1978 Pace Arrow developed an issue. When the shore cord is pugged in to power it will trip the residential house breaker immediately.I traced it to the generator, which is an Onan 6.5 gas unit. The Hot and the Ground has full contin...

Hot water heater electric heating element replacement

See my unit below. Has anyone replace the hot water heater electric heating element. I confess i smoked it by turning it on with no water in it.I see wires going into a metal box on the side of the heater and it seems to be enclosed in stryofoam. ...

Hydraulic slide outs

We have a 2009 Montana 3485SA Fifth wheel with three slides. When new the slides would come out one at a time starting with the bedroom. The next (entertainment center) would not start out until the bedroom was all the way out. After the entertainme...

JohnG3 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

SOLVED: Monaco entry door - metal arm on top rubs/binds

Since I am doing major surgery on my entry door (broken latch handle), wanted to ask about another issue I have had forever. Sometimes even after the handles have released the latches, the door is still hard to open. That flat metal arm on the top ...

tkcas01 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No water flow when dry camping

I just bought a 1999 Coachman Mirada and we took it dry camping and we had no water flow. So when we came back I hooked up to city water hose and the flow was fine. So I bought a direct replacement Shur flow water pump and installed it and flow is ...