Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Onan 7500 watt generator will not start

FYI : My generator would not start. I just had the oil and filters changed so my first guess was the fuel line had air in it but that was not the problem. The problem was a wire had broken off on top of the unit that modulates the fuel when the g...

moose888 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fluorescent Lights

Changing all the T12 lights and ballasts in our church to T8s. We have many 4 bulb fixtures that had 2 ballasts per fixtures. We are using single 4 bulb ballasts as replacements. Because of so many fixtures in some of the rooms, we found that 2 32 wa...

Do I have to worry about boiling my battery to death?

We're new-ish to the RV scene, and for our first year, DW and I have a seasonal campsite. It gives us the ability to enjoy weekends as well as to travel without having to deal with NYC/Long Island traffic.As such, we're plugged into 30-amp juice 24x...

Homey_B by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

04 Coleman Mach AC not cold

I have the above listed AC in my trailer and it will not get cold. I did not use it for about a year and a half. Then fan works and occasionally the condenser will turn on. The unit will not get cold. What should I look forward to replacing or ch...

CMH by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery hints/tips

Awhile back I recall seeing a topic on battery maintenance.... including things such as additives, mineral oil use, automatic watering setups, etc. I did a search and can't seem to find it. We just got a new MH and I want to see what some thought...

JoeH by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake part needed

2012 Crossroads Zinger with 10" Axletek electric brakes. One of the brakes adjuster wheel is frozen and won't turn. Found an adjuster on ETrailer that says it is for 10-12" brakes however it is longer than the one I'm replacing and the drum will not ...

LEDs...china vs hong kong

I'm looking to get some 36-1210 ba15s leds and see I can get some china or hong kong ones for same price....has anyone bought the hong kong ones and noticed if better than china ones??

Replacement Converter PD9270v

All . . . . I currently have a WF-9865 converter in my Cedar Creek that may be going out. I would like to replace the converter. Has anyone replaced their converter with the" Progressive Dynamics PD9270V Inteli-Power Converter Charger 70A with Cha...

Maintaining Battery Life

Looking to maintain battery life in my RV batteries while hooked up and in storage. I don't know which product is best so I wanted your opinions. Battery minder as well as battery tender come to mind. Are there better units out there, or which of the...

SweetLou by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Flojet Macerator electrical problem

I have a Flojet portable macerator pump and was dumping my tanks for the first time this year (dewinterizing). The pump stopped working and would not restart after I had emptied my black tank. I later found out that the 2 way flat connector had come ...

dks by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

$149 Workzone 2000-watt generator

Anybody familiar with this Workzone generator? The ad says it runs 11 hrs at 50% load. As I'm new to RVing I don't have a good idea if this size generator could recharge the batteries of a 28-ft RV. Suggestions? The price is certainly appealing.

Dmacman by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing out the Duo-Therm thermostat?

We have a Duo-Therm Comfort Center that controls the dual zones with 2 A/Cs with heat pump/strip and the furnace but I would really like one that has a timer so that I can set it to adjust temperatures during the day just like the stick house ones.Ha...

havasu by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung microwave

Heed to replace the microwave .do I need to have the same brand for the brackets that hold it in place to fit.thanks

best low light performance

Hi,Amorphous panels are clearly the best for low light performance--but are relatively speaking huge.Does any one know if Poly or Mono are better in low light?